At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Biochemist.
This is an exciting Senior Biochemist opportunity in the Walpole Commercial Product Support team. The Sr. Biochemist will serve as Subject Matter Expert in a team that focuses on a variety of feasibility/characterization/verification/validation and complex tests related to changes in immunoassays.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Biochemist, you will be responsible for:
- Ability to supervise Technician and Biochemist team members in assigning relevant tasks in achieving product/project goal.
- Ability to write design review documentation for product/project milestones
- Conceives and completes complex research, analysis, and experimentation for product and process improvements of immunoassays.
- Performs and or guides others in performing assay feasibility/characterization/verification/validation and complex tests following written protocols (eg. Antibody concentration, tdef, control system optimization, stability studies, REACH)
- Obtains, correlates, and analyzes computer generated data needed to accomplish complex technical assignments.
- Completes the design changes for a variety of products, processes, and components.
- Use of Minitab to plan optimization experiments
- Presents data at peer reviews/technical reviews
- Work closely with project managers to achieve project milestones aligned with project timeline
- Leads investigations of the performance of raw materials to use in the manufacture and quality control of the immunoassay or automated instrumentation under investigation.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below and would like to develop your career with Healthineers. Preferred education, skills, experience include:
- Advanced Ph.D degree preferred in Medical Technology, Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Life Science or related fields.
- Strong background and experience with immunoassays, including automated immunoassay analyzers, ELISA and chemiluminescent technology
- Experience with SAP
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- MS in Medical Technology, Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Life Science or related fields or 8+ Years job related experience.
- Strong knowledge of immunoassay reagents, statistical analysis and must demonstrate excellent technical writing skills.
- High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to quickly change priorities to meet business needs.
- Strong work ethic and be highly motivated to work independently with high energy.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites and statistics software (Minitab).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Job ID: 180905
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.