Siemens Energy in Charlotte is the North American hub, producing all three main power-producing products used by central station power producers (Generators, Steam Turbines and Gas Turbines) and industrial turboset main components.
Manufacturing is an integral part of the Siemens Energy Charlotte facility. The Steam Turbine Manufacturing Engineering department is seeking a technical, proactive leader to join the team as a Manufacturing Machining Programmer.
- Review DWGs, specs, and other inputs to establish machining operations and tool paths to manufacture predominantly medium-sized components on multi-axis milling machines, turning machines, and mill-turn machines.
- Identify necessary tooling, and establish part set-up in machining centers
- Optimize tooling and machining processes to meet manufacturing requirements and optimize budgets.
- Use experience and ingenuity to resolve complex manufacturing processes on both repeatable part production and specialized component machining
- Develop, improve, and document processes for machining
- Work with machinists in resolving complex manufacturing opportunities on components requiring high precision.
- Ensure safety, quality, and efficiency in all aspects of the job.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates Degree
- 5-8 years’ experience with Heavy Equipment Manufacturing Environment
- Knowledge of tooling selection and use (Feed, Speeds, HP)
- Work closely with shop floor personnel to solve issues (tooling, program, machine) as they arise
- Experience in implementing and/or improving manufacturing processes, information, facilities, and production planning in a shop environment
- Working knowledge and experience within complex manufacturing operations and demonstrated competence in a production environment leading diverse team
- Ability to lead / work well with teams to obtain consensus in developing processes and standardizing manufacturing information flow.
- Ability to work with close tolerance machining on large projects.
- Develop annual business project plans to ensure synchronization with the department budget and the return on investment plan of work centers
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the US.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Project management or team leadership experience with proven delivery of improvement projects in a manufacturing environment
- Facility and Maintenance interfaces and experienced in the aspects of Preventative Maintenance
- Experience in developing cost quotations, return on investment analysis, and skills to perform fundamental tasks of business administrations
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad proficiencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 180907
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.