In the era of digitalization, product and solution security is expected and required. It is essential as companies deploy building strategies around Internet of Things (IoT), analytics and data. As such, we are looking for an IT security leader for Automation, Fire, Security and Digital products, solutions and services.
We are seeking an experienced Product & Solution Security Officer to lead our region’s IT security initiatives. This person will establish strategies and advise executive management, product management, project management, and R&D on how to secure products, solutions and services including features inherent to products, as well as processes and procedures. This person will constantly analyze our products, processes and procedures to enhance them based on latest technology and best practices. The ideal candidate will also be able to define, develop and drive cyber security services for our customers. This person will also author or otherwise contribute to internal and external publications such as whitepapers and share best-practice knowledge amongst the community.
- Actively drive product & solution security for Region America in cooperation with global Product & Solution Security Officer(s)
- Develop and deploy IT Security processes and implementation of region’s policy into the organization
- Advise regional and project management for Smart Infrastructure’s products, solutions and services and recommend appropriate processes to introduce security
- Make sure solutions and services meet requirements in regard to security and availability
- Provide requirements into solutions, services and overall architecture
- Proactive identification and evaluation of risks, and transparent reporting in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements
- Track status of adherence to and application of security standards, processes and policies as well as the implementation of regions’ policies
- Responsible for Incident and Vulnerability handling in BT AM
- Develops Cyber security core competency of employees
- Responsible for review of Cyber Security requirements and contractual obligations
- Support as necessary investigation of security breaches and policy violations
- Define, develop and drive cyber security services for our customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, IT security, electronics or related field
- 3 to 5 years experience in IT security
- 3 to 5 years experience in architecture, implementation and operation of distributed applications as well as in project and risk management up-to-date knowledge of API management, REST APIs, IoT protocols
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends
- Passion to align international teams and ability to explain your area of expertise to non-experts
- 25% travel required
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Knowledge of international standards e.g. 27001, 62443 is an advantage
- Certified as Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Secure Software Life cycle Professional (CSSLP) or Information Security Manager (CISM) preferred
- Experience with Federal government preferred
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 180918
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.