This position can be based in any major US city.
The Enterprise Automation Sales Executive sells maintenance Service and Solutions offerings within the Enterprise Zone for Smart Infrastructure (SI). This role manages and grows the assigned market through business development with owners and end users. The Sales Executive achieves growth and volume projections for building automation controls / energy management control systems, and will be responsible for acquiring new customers to meet goals. This role reports to the Director of Enterprise Sales.
- Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned vertical market while skillfully collaborating with both internal and external partners.
- Focus on the Healthcare Market
- Develops high-quality best total-solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
- Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned market to achieve growth and profit goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships at prospective and authorized representative accounts.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned area and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan.
- Identifies key accounts within market based on growth potential, local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies.
- Communicates marketing programs and product developments to customers to maximize sales potential.
- Contributes to the development of the long-term strategic plan and pricing strategies for the Zone.
- Participates in team selling with Building Automation Solutions, Fire and Security divisions, as well as collaboration with Low-Medium Voltage and other Siemens Divisions.
- Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports and expense tracking and reporting.
- Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Participates in vertical market trade shows and becomes a company advocate in national association meetings.
- Continues to pursue in-depth market, products and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
- Works with both small and large accounts and upper level decision makers practicing executive level selling skills to achieve highest level of account penetration.
- Independently drives business growth and desires to create an entrepreneur-like position within a strong established organization.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma, state-recognized high school proficiency exam, or state-recognized GED.
- Five to seven years of experience with proven sales and account management skills in an industry with a type of sales cycle and customer interface that is similar to those of building automation, mechanical, or energy systems.
- Required travel: 50%
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s or related technical degree preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience with proven sales and account management skills or technical skills/knowledge in building automation, mechanical or energy systems. (Candidates with direct industry experience will receive preference.)
- In-depth building automation product and consulting service knowledge with strong technical and financial skills preferred.
- Mechanical System/Engineering knowledge/experience a plus.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 180937
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.