Siemens is committed to investing in the development of our organization through training, management/leadership development programs, and business projects that create opportunities to exercise critical business skills which ultimately enables the organization to grow revenue and drive business results.
To support these efforts, the Skills & Tools Trainer plays a crucial role, serving the following purposes:
- An essential role in a comprehensive on-boarding/training program that will accelerate learning and optimize the time to results for new hires.
- The Skills & Tools Trainer is responsible for the sales training and soft skills development of new hires and legacy employees.
- The Skills & Tools Trainer will support classroom training as identified by the Sr. Manager, Commercial Effectiveness & NEO.
- Own the development of skills & tools content material and partnerships with third party companies to deploy skills & tools training for the US & Canada:
- Develop skills content to meet the needs of new hires & leadership.
- Maintain relationships with third party skills company providers, their contracts, and deployment of training to the field.
- Develop tools content to increase utilization of existing Siemens tools & third party tools we have invested in as a company.
- Monitor the progress of tools adoption via analytics team utilization data.
- Develop a routine communication strategy to educate our internal stakeholders (sales, leadership, marketing, etc.) of our current skills & tools offerings.
- Alignment with leadership & business priorities to support zone training initiatives:
- The Skills & Tools Trainer will attend certain zone and region meetings to best align with business objectives and sales skills & tools needs for that zone.
- The Skills & Tools Trainer will support ongoing skills training for the existing sales professionals, working with sellers identified as needing additional support with presentation and/or sales skills.
Skills & Tools Trainer Responsibilities
Skills & Tools Trainer responsibilities include teaching, coaching, and mentoring the Sales Teams with an emphasis on Best Practice approaches that encourage the continuous learning and development of the sales force’s key capabilities.
- The Skills Trainer will define, design and implement Sales Execution and Sales Skills/Tools programs as part of the overall Sales Education and Development portfolio-wide learning strategy that enables the Siemens Healthineers Sales Teams to deliver high-performing business results in an evolving and dynamic healthcare business climate.
- Sales Execution / Skills / Tools training and initiatives target the Siemens Healthineers sales teams (existing sellers and new hires) across all business areas (Diagnostics, Imaging and Service Sales) and spans across the learning continuum (assessment, training and reinforcement)
- Defines, designs, and deploys sales training programs and initiatives focused on the development of our Sales Teams Sales Execution and Sales Skills. Topics may include: Value Based/Solution Selling, Sales Methodology (e.g. OPTIMIZE, Miller Heiman), questioning modules, objection handling, negotiation skills, financial acumen, Clinical, Operational and Financial (COF) solutions, Competency Models, Sales Manager Coaching and other key Siemens Healthineers areas as determined by the commercial organization.
- The Sales Execution/Skills/Tools Trainer conceptualizes and delivers programs leveraging a blended learning approach (e-learning, classroom facilitation, field training etc.) and also incorporates deliberate practice/application, a best practice approach, and reinforcement into the curriculum to ensure learning is impactful and effective. Often required to create/conceptualize new sales execution/skills programs that will engage sellers in learning with clear justification of business impact. Responsibilities also include evaluating and making recommendations to update and/or enhance existing sales execution/skills programs for improved learning effectiveness.
- The Sales Execution / Skills / Tools trainer acts as a liaison and project lead in instances where 3rd party training vendors and consultants are leveraged to support the design and/or delivery of sales execution and skills-based training for the Siemens Healthineers Sales teams.
- Implements project management skills and tools ensuring that the entire design and delivery process from defining business outcomes/learning objectives to deployment is monitored, completed and evaluated according to the goals of the training initiative, desired business outcomes and identified learning objectives.
- Develop and implement the overall sales training strategy that maximizes performance and sales results
- Work with classroom trainers to continually update content/material to meet the organizational strategies
- Continually evaluate all sales training activities to identify areas of improvement and drive overall effectiveness
- Consistently increase knowledge and awareness of changes in healthcare industry including healthcare reform and industry trends while keeping pace with training and development innovation
- Responsible for measuring ROI of sales training programs
- Take on other roles and responsibilities that may be necessary to support the success of Siemens
Within the scope of their assignment, the Skills & Tools Trainer is responsible for the following:
Collaboration and Communication
Works cross functionally and in close partnership with the entire Sales Education team (National Field Trainers, classroom trainers, instructional designer, LMS specialist and training coordinator) as well as with key Siemens Healthineers stakeholders (sales/sales leadership, marketing, sales operations, communications, global partners etc.) to design, deliver, and seamlessly incorporate the Sales Execution/Skills/ Tools initiatives into the overarching Sales Training curriculum(s).
Strong Skillset with Tools & Learning Resources
- Leverages tools and technology to design, deploy and determine the effectiveness of skills/sales execution programs – high level of proficiency Microsoft Office (ppt, word and excel).
- Working knowledge of LMS systems and Reinforcement platforms (e.g. QStream, Allego).
- Experience and proficiency with SurveyMonkey a plus.
- Assists the Sr. Director of Sales Training in the exploration of trends, innovations, and applications within the training industry.
- Proven ability to lead projects and to be appropriately assertive with the business stakeholders when recommending skills-&-tools-based learning strategies and programs that will result in highly impactful programs that ultimately develop the sales execution skills of our sellers.
- Demonstrated expertise with key sales capabilities: Selling Skills (Tactical Selling and Strategic Opportunity Planning) and Product/Market Knowledge
- Demonstrated success with performance driven skills including collaboration, leadership and big picture orientation
- Demonstrated skills in teaching both individual and groups, developing/executing on training initiatives and/or mentoring individuals in the organization while in their current roles
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Excels at building rapport and working cross-functionally, multi-tasking, organization and time management
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
· Minimum of five (5+) successful years prior sales experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong preference toward candidates with Medical Device and Sales experience
· Preference toward candidates with experience/certification in commercial Sales Methodologies (e.g. Miller Heiman, DISC, OPTIMIZE, etc.)
· Effective written and verbal communication skills demonstrating creativity, enthusiasm, clarity and conciseness is required.
· Time management skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner is required
· Demonstrates strong networking and collaborative interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
· Ability to conduct ongoing analysis of programs to ensure end user satisfaction is met
· Excellent demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs (ppt, excel and word)
· Working knowledge of Learning Platforms and technology (Learning Management Systems, Reinforcement Platforms etc.)
- In English, must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondences, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Must be comfortable speaking to large groups of people
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to solve practical problems and address conflict through strong resolution and negotiation skills
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule formats
· Intermediate level skills with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), CRM database software.
Job ID: 180943
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.