Siemens Logistic LLC (PPAL) is seeking an Electrical and Controls Automation Engineer for our Airports operation at our DFW Airport location. The candidate will work for the Airport Logistics (AL) business unit inside SPPAL to support the design, install, test and commissioning of baggage handling systems (BHS) or parcel sortation systems for domestic airports.
We currently have opportunities for entry level undergraduate and graduate controls engineers. The ideal candidate will have excellent academic background and be able to apply the knowledge learned in engineering schools to solve problems and suggest innovative solutions. The successful candidates will work with experienced engineers as a part of a project team and learn the intricacies of Automated Baggage and Material Handling Systems.
Working in a Matrix organization and reporting to the Engineering Manager and under the direction of the Controls Engineering Leads, the candidate will be required to participate in design, development, testing and commissioning of automated Baggage and Material Handling systems. Assists in the design of systems that integrate electrical hardware and software. Assists in controls material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up. Provides recommendations and ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction
Typical activities include:
• Electrical Schematics & Panel Design (Controls Panel Design, Power Distribution Panel Design) using Eplan
• Network design using EthernetIP, ModbusTCP, Modbus Plus
• Development of Tools and Scripts using Visual Basic, .NET, etc.
• PLC architecture design
• PLC programming with Schneider (Concept, Unity)
• Function block programming, Ladder logic programming. STL programming
• Writing Project Documentation (e.g. Description of Operations, Test Plans)
• Testing using emulation tools like Emulate 3D, Automod
• Field commissioning and startup of Baggage and material Handling, and Cargo Systems
• Providing customer support
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
The position minimum requirements are:
• Undergraduate or Graduate
Degree in Electrical / Controls / Automation / Robotics / Instrumentation
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access) and Windows operating systems
• Strong command of English Language both written and verbal a must
• Willingness to travel (mainly domestic) approximately 40 % of the time
• Working knowledge of programming in VB, VB.NET, C#
• Working knowledge of
• Working knowledge of MS Access, XML
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The following are preferred capabilities:
• Two years of experience in programming PLCs, in particular Schneider.
• Two years of experience in designing industrial machinery or systems.
• High level of Eplan skills,
• Experience working “live” construction jobsites and having safety training
• Experience with conveyor systems controls design.
Qualified applicant must be legally
authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not
require employer sponsorship now or at any time during employment.
Job ID: 180951
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.