Siemens is looking for a dynamic individual with proven experience to join our team in Southaven, our main storage location for 15,000+ SKU’s coming from our own factories in the US, Mexico and overseas and from third parties. We work in a collaborative environment where our goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations. If you are motivated and experienced in supervising a shift of an outbound operation, we want to talk to you! This position is for 2nd Shift.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Southaven facility is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. .
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the Outbound department of the Southaven Logistics Center in Southaven, MS. This position supervises 50-60 hourly non-exempt employees across the assigned shift. The Operations Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to manage the assigned shift efficiently and effectively to yield daily output targets with all safety and quality performance standards met. In addition, this role is the first line of engagement for ER concerns from the operational team and is responsible for overseeing the development of personnel entrusted to their leadership.
· Evaluate bottlenecks that exist in the operation daily and determine the labor needs to sustain positive performance across assigned shift.
· Ensure all Time and Attendance records are maintained daily/weekly (including weekly attendance summaries for all personnel).
· Provide weekly/daily/monthly feedback to all employees regarding Production and Quality progression
· Completion of Leader Standard Work Checklist.
· Enforce all Job rules regarding code of conduct and the general guidelines of the facility (including progressive discipline).
· Create a positive working environment that will allow employees to be motivated and productive in the facility.
· Provide Pre-Shift and End of Shift numbers regarding shift performance vs the daily plan.
· Collaborate with team members to standardize all operational processes across each shift in order to enforce process discipline (participation in 5S Audits and providing feedback regarding audit scores).
· Ensure 75% of time is spent on the floor providing support to all personnel and managing process flow within department (utilizing daily status reports to determine performance gaps).
· Provide formal handoff to oncoming shift including notes regarding WIP, 5S housekeeping, and Inventory reconciliation issues.
· Collaborate with team to improve operational processes through Continuous improvement activities
· Work to mitigate all conflict within the team prior to exploring Chain of Command. Involve department manager after conflict has been resolved.
· Enforce all work rules in the facility timely and fairly as infractions occur.
· Provide documented feedback to personnel bi-annually.
· Drives ownership culture among workforce and fosters a positive, energetic, and collaborative environment in which teamwork and diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
- Enforces health, environmental and safety standards, work practices, and housekeeping.
· Manage other duties as assigned by management.
4. Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts.
5. Experience collaborating and teaming across different organizations and teams.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 180959
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.