Siemens Mobility supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
Siemens Mobility is seeking to hire a Global Media Relations Professional to balance the public affairs messaging with trade publications and the financial press for global mobility topics with a focus on top-tier U.K. and U.S. publications (Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, New York Times, etc.). While coordinating with a global team, you will develop and pitch leadership strategies, activities, and content to improve our reach and positive impressions while reducing costs.
You will handle the public affairs management related to U.S. Government policies that impact the Mobility business (U.S. state-of-infrastructure, trade policies, NAFTA, FRA mandates for rail and road technology compliance, U.S. manufacturing/jobs and Made in America compliance). We will also work to generate earned placements in targeted print and digital media platforms of Mobility executive's speakers, topics, and priority portfolio.
- Responsible for public and media relations initiatives and execution in support of global Mobility business and marketing goals
- Responsible for issues monitoring and crisis communications in North America – and elsewhere for the mobility management team as part of a global team
- Develop proactive content and publicity opportunities around thought leadership articles, industry trends, infrastructure challenges, etc.
- Generate positive relationships with publishers, editors, government officials, etc. building demand for priority Mobility portfolio and serving as a media spokesperson
- Build, train/counsel and mobilize an executive speakers' bureau
- Lead media relations for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and significant employee population shifts, as part of a global team
- In partnership with MO business and communications leaders, CC and Government Affairs, handle public affairs related to U.S. Federal policies impacting the Mobility business (ie. U.S. state-of-infrastructure, trade, Made in America, FRA mandates for rail and road technology compliance, US manufacturing jobs)
- Ensure that all media relations content is appropriate and compliant, consistent with public statements, meets disclosure guidelines and adheres to all legal guidelines
- Contribute to a balanced pipeline of compelling media content, a global editorial calendar, digital News Center
- Track, evaluate and report on PR performance against competitors
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- 5-10 years of experience, specifically in the Mobility business with priority portfolio: connected and autonomous vehicles, train control, HSR, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as a media spokesperson and executive counselor
- Established media relationships at top-tier news and financial media in native English-speaking countries
- Proven track record of raising brand transparency to key mobility industry leaders in North America, related to innovation and technology.
- Experience working within a global organization and across time-zones
- Proven ability to collaborate with highly-matrixed global team members, including technical specialists, marketing and marketing communications, Government Affairs, executives, and customers.
- Must work well under tight time constraints, adapting priorities, and multiple assignments by utilizing excellent time-management skills to assure timely delivery of projects.
- Be an ambitious problem-solver, be organized, accountable and have careful attention to detail.
- Able to identify and recommend standard methodologies in public and media relations.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 180962
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.