Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as a Tendering Engineer supporting the service element of our business and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- To prepare and develop service proposals and tender documents to a high-quality level for our Service business
- To liaise with the business manager and sales, commercial, procurement and operations teams to determine Bid / No Bid decision, win strategies, etc
- To develop, negotiate and agree/confirm contract requirements with a variety of internal and external groups including sub-contractors, end users, other OEMs, etc
- Identify new and develop existing working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Agree with our operations team on delivery of scope, budget & program prior to bid submission
- Arrange and run tender reviews and handovers in accordance with Siemens processes and signature protocol
- Develop and understand terms and conditions, liaise with commercial to complete proposals returns
- Be responsible for the compliance of the tender quality documentation and procedures in line with the tendering process and the signature protocol
- Engage proactively with external salespeople or directly with customers to follow up on proposals, including post-tender negotiation
- Develop working relationship with clients to obtain feedback on tendering performance and understand market position and pricing
- Create a resource forecast for all tenders
- To develop CDM Health and safety and environmental information in co-ordination with HSE function
- Work collaboratively with other teams within the Smart Infrastructure division
- Ensure information is maintained up to date on the CRM system to facilitate accurate forecasting
- Ensure all work practices conform to ISO9001 and environmental ISO14001
- Maintain routine general safety procedures, retain and make proper use of relevant P.P.E as and when required
- Participate in sales stimulation and continuous improvement ideas creation
- Make full use on the non-conformance reporting (NCR) tool ensuring all NCR’s are closed out in a timely manner
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- HNC/HND/Degree qualification in a suitable electrical engineering subject
- Experience of dealing with servicing contracts in a tendering / proposals role within electricity / engineering industry
- Fully conversant with MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Projects and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of contractual terms and conditions
- Recognises the importance of delivering excellent customer service showing commitment and enthusiasm to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations
- Able to manage own time to meet multiple priorities including occasional overtime
- Have a methodical approach to work
- Good interpersonal skills and a strong relationship builder
- Proactive with a growth mindset
- Able to develop effective working relationships with external sales
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 180996
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time