Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Responsible for Proposal Engineering for Mechanical part. Also responsible to handle entire Proposal preparation as Proposal Manager.
- Work closely and support Sales & Marketing team by providing technical Sales support for overall Proposal & able to handle entire Mechanical part.
- Responsible for Technical Offer preparation for complete Proposal, including preparation of deviation & clarification on Customer Tender Specification.
- Responsible for Sizing & selection of Mechanical Auxiliaries, Piping & related Systems of Steam Turbine Power Plant including extended scope items.
- Responsible for selection & configuration of Control & Instrumentation Systems including turbine governor
- Responsible for preparation of P&IDs, TG building Layout, Piping routing layout etc. Good knowledge Piping & Layout Engineering.
- Responsible for Technical RFQ preparation for bought out items. Review & evaluation of supplier’s offer, discussion & coordination with suppliers for technical compliance.
- Evaluation of technical risks and preparation of mitigation plan taking support from cross function team.
- Attending Technical Clarification meeting with Customer & Consultants.
- Responsible for Cost Estimation of all Mechanical items & Systems including extended scope items.
- Responsible for preparation of Technical TLOA & support Sales Team for PM@Siemens LOA process.
- Co-ordinate with SCM, OM, EN, PM, QM for respective cost inputs for proposed scope & services.
- Responsible for Technical closure of Proposal with Customer / Technical Consultant
- Responsible for Preparation of Technical Contract document & finalize it with Customer / Technical Consultant
- Support Sales Team for Handing Over of Own Projects to PM, & participate in internal kick-off meeting to support Sales & PM team
- Support Engineering, Project Management & Procurement team for any Clarification during project execution stage.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- B.E / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 5 to 8 years’ experience.
- Rich Knowledge on Mechanical Items, Piping & balance of plant items of Steam Turbines Power plant is must
- Rich Knowledge on P&IDs & Layout Engineering of Steam Turbines Power plant is must.
- Previous experience in Engineering or Technical Sales Support role for Mechanical items for Steam Turbines Power plant is preferred.
- Must be technically sound to face Local & Global Customers / technical consultants directly.
- Customer facing experience will be a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Multitasking & should be able to work & perform under time pressure.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 181050
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time