- Responsible for introduction of new products into manufacturing and supporting sustaining products, process improvements & special projects.
- Plans and directs Manufacturing Engineering activities and responsible for supporting the Building Products manufacturing operations to achieve and exceed the operational goals.
- Implementation of Digitalization and Automation initiatives. Facilitates technical innovations in manufacturing processes and methodologies.
- Communicates project status and may participate in preparing for and presenting business cases, functional plans and objectives to higher level management.
- Leads and develop the engineering team including hiring, performance evaluation, mentoring, and skills development.
- Manages staffing and budgetary requirements to ensure organizations effectiveness. Sets department performance standards and ensures process adherence.
- Oversees and manages New Product Industrialization processes, Design Engineering (Hardware & Software), Industrial Engineering (Plant layout, time studies, assembly processes and equipment) and Lean processes, supporting Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical and Electronic products.
- Directs engineers, testers, and technicians to provide technical solutions for the assembly and testing of Building Products lines.
- Designs and plans future department activities and requirements.
- Participates in Annual and quarterly Supply Chain & Manufacturing Hoshin Kanri strategic planning and execution activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent related experience. Advance (MBA or MS) degree preferred.
- 4-5 years Manufacturing Engineering experience, and 1-2 years in a related supervisory / managerial role.
- Strong understanding of technologies and processes supporting Manufacturing operations. Preferred experience in the areas of Product design, Manufacturing principles, Mechanical, Electromechanical assembly and test practices.
- Expertise and experience with SAP and Team Center.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and planning skills required.
- Strong team player and familiar with working in large matrix organizations.
Job ID: 181073
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.