Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as a Developer (General / PEGA-ESB-Mobility) and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Change the future with us.
- Assist in production of low-level design specifications and elaborating upon requirements presented.
- Technically understand the BPM, Web/Mobility application estate and associated (Oracle) databases and identify impacts of change to the existing application set.
- Provide estimates of effort required for technical work items.
- Write Development Tickets and Unit Tests
- Perform peer code reviews.
- Provide release and configuration documentation upon completion
- Provide support to the test function for test and rectification work, handling defects and resolutions.
- Assist in production of automated test suites as well as change documentation and implementation plans
- Ensure code is delivered to time, cost, and quality without impact to solutions required.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Degree educated in a technical discipline, ideally Computer Science.
- Advanced Web GUI skills (HTML5/CSS) or any exposure to AWS and BPM tooling, such as Pega would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of XML and Web Services, RESTful Services, Web API technologies, and integration.
- Capable of defining and documenting functional and non-functional requirements related to product features, with associated test plans.
- Capable of review of such technical artefacts produced by others.
- Understanding of Agile vs Traditional programming methodologies.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and annual bonus. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. VERCIDAwelcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 181079
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either