External Job Description
Siemens Solutions – GP SLN Regional IT Business Partner for LCB US & Canada
Siemens Solutions (GP SLN IT)
GP is becoming Siemens Energy, and GP Solutions will be a defining part of the future. GP Solutions, now an extended part of GP, provides global engineering solutions across multiple vertical markets, locations and engineering disciplines. GP SLN has a global footprint of 3300+ employees in 45 countries. The US & Canada marketplace is fast growing and highly influential to the overall business. And the move into GP/Siemens Energy guarantees we will have an expanding and critical role to play as we move into the future.
Within GP SLN IT, there is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor as our Solutions business grows. We are currently looking for an experienced IT business partner to join our team for the US, Canada and Mexico region.
As the Solutions Regional IT Business partner you will work closely with the business, understanding their IT needs and working to meet their operational, tactical and strategic IT requirements.
In joining the GP SLN IT team, you will be a central contact point and liaison between IT leads within GP IT, SOP IT and Service Providers (internal and/or external) to secure any required support on given topics. Partnering is key to success.
You will also be an extended member of the GP SLN IT global team, based in Germany. Close alignment with GP SLN IT is required to align on global strategic directions and IT landscape.
Within the GP SLN IT team, we think and operate differently. Our flat organizational reflects our belief that all team members - no matter the number of years of experience - brings equal value to the table. Ownership, results-based working, agile, partnering– these are not just buzz words for us. They are the very foundation we are based upon.
The successful candidate will be immediately involved with the carve out activities as we move to Siemens Energy. Your ability to multitask, be organized, make fast decisions and work quickly will be key.
Working closely with GP IT and the Business, the successful candidate will work towards gaining full IT transparency of the IT architecture, landscape and supporting resources to ensure successful separation of all IT services for carve out activities, both logical and physical.
After carve-out activities are completed, the candidate will build on the close partnering relationship to work with the business and SLN IT HQ to harmonize and optimize the IT landscape, heling to create a strategic future for the business.
Main areas of responsibility:
· Account Management
· Demand Management
· Portfolio Management
· Project Management
· Budget planning
· Geographical area of responsibility: US, Canada & Mexico
- A degree in Business, IT, Engineering or similar, coupled with a Post graduate Management qualification is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in leading international/ intercultural teams
- Professional knowledge about Plant and Solution business models and processes
- General knowledge about business transactions between different companies and ARE’s within Siemens as a well as an understanding of the operating companies’ products and services
- Deep understanding of digitalization technologies and potential application to Plant, Solution and Service business
- Prior experience in the successful management of business relationships, at all organizational levels
- Professional experience in managing a global end to end IT service portfolio
- Professional experience in IT budget planning and alignment with business partner on cost transparency and control throughout the Fiscal Year.
- Professional experience in managing internal and external service providers
- Thorough understanding of Business systems and processes (ERP/Solutions/Service); SAP knowledge is particularly important
Job ID: 181090
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.