Siemens is looking for a dynamic individual with proven experience to join our team in Southaven, our main storage location for 15,000+ SKU’s coming from our own factories in the US, Mexico and overseas and from third parties. We work in a collaborative environment where our goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations. If you are motivated and experienced in managing a three (3) shift operation, we want to talk to you!
Reporting to the Southaven Senior Operations Manager, the Operations Manager has responsibility for managing the daily operation of up to 200+ employee facility working 3 shifts 6 days per week. The Operations Manager ensures that performance, quality and cost targets are achieved.
· Responsible for all facets of designated operation; which may include but not limited to picking, packing, palletization, loading, receipt and storage of materials.
· Prepared to assume responsibility for managing all facets of either outbound, inbound, inventory and customer service operations as well in the absence of the respective manager(s) to ensure a balanced and prioritized flow of distribution center operations to meet customer expectations.
· Assesses labor availability and customer-driven operations priorities daily and determines necessary labor flexing across the inbound, outbound, quality, and inventory teams when required.
· Leads the integrated operational shift changeover meetings at morning and afternoon shift change. Ensure off-going teams have adequately prepared the on-coming team and have performed any necessary after-action improvement assessments and that on-coming teams have clear direction and are prepared to meet all assigned expectations.
· Ensures required staffing levels are maintained and plans adjusted according to changing needs.
· Drives ownership culture among workforce and fosters a positive, energetic, and collaborative environment in which teamwork and diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
· Enforces health, environmental and safety standards, work practices, and housekeeping.
· Monitors’ and maintains efficiency and production targets of each shift to ensure complete customer satisfaction is achieved at the lowest cost possible without compromising safety or quality.
· Actively develops Supervisors and Staff; coaches and counsels with integrity, develops deeper job knowledge amongst team, establishes periodic goals, measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Supervisors accountable for their performance and the performance of their teams.
· Monitors individual safety, conduct, quality, and productivity performance within the operation and ensures that established standards are maintained. Challenges supervisors where necessary to continue to maintain standards and promote continual improvement.
· Ensures processes are documented and followed. When processes must change, ensures associated documentation is updated and training is conducted accordingly.
· Works with the Optimization Team to refine and improve processes and ensures that the operation adopts and maintains all lean/continuous improvement initiatives.
· Coordinates with the Product Logistics team to develop close working relationships with each carrier used and ensure service level expectations are maintained by the carriers.
· Performs other duties within the scope of job assignment, as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field
2. 5-8 years of work experience including prior experience managing a distribution/warehouse
3. Ability to work flexible hours including off-shifts; weekends and longer hours based on business need.
4. Demonstrated experience building, coaching, and motivating team to achieve successful outcomes.
5. Computer skills required, to include Microsoft office experience and warehouse management systems experience (SAP is preferred).
6. Must possess strong written and oral communications skills and strong presentation skills as well as the ability to target communications appropriately for varying audiences.
7. Adept at managing stakeholder relationships both across the organization and with outside entities. Key internal stakeholders include HR, Finance, Facilities, Training, Quality, Safety, IT, and Inventory. Key external stakeholders include Customer Service, Supply Chain Managers, IT, Customers, Freight Carriers, and the broader Logistics Team.
8. Able to develop a detailed knowledge distribution and replenishment processes within the Southaven warehouse management system and serve as the distribution operations business process expert in IT enhancement projects.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Master’s degree from an accredited University in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field
2. 3-5 years of prior experience as Operations Manager in a large, high-volume commodity distribution
operation serving both end-users and retailers domestically and internationally with seasonality in
3. Prior experience in other warehousing/distribution leadership functions such as Quality Assurance,
Outbound Operations, Inbound Operations, and Inventory Control.
4. Experience managing both full-time and contracted employees.
5. Detailed knowledge and prior use of SAP for WMS application as well as experience implementin
new WMS systems.
6. Understanding of and experience using Lean/Six Sigma tools and techniques for improving performance and minimizing operational costs.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.