Siemens Buffalo Grove plant is looking for a Focus Factory Manager to lead factory operations of one of the business segments. Focus Factory Manager leads all activities associated with their front-line team, in order to positively impact the manufacturing and production engineering activities. High level targets will consist of injury free workplace, improved first pass yield, improved on time delivery of product and increased efficiency. This is an opportunity to lead a diverse and dynamic team of manufacturing engineers, 30-40 hourly manufacturing associates (includes 3 Team leads) with varying levels of experience. This role is expected to develop individuals and the teams to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
• Develop a safety culture through daily/weekly communications and proactively coordination with the teams to eliminate the hazards on factory floor to ensure injury free workplace.
• Collaborate with Quality Engineers to implement the corrective actions to ensure the First pass yield of the product lines/work cells are maintained at 96% or more on daily basis.
• Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineer to execute the continuous improvement activities and projects to ensure on time delivery to achieve targets of 96% or more on daily basis.
• Manage the performance of direct reports through yearly performance reviews, frequent discussions, coaching and career development action plans.
• Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training and communication for front-line hourly personnel.
• Ensuring the implementation of Siemens Standard of conduct and attendance policies.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems within multi departments.
• Working with cross functional teams Engineering (New Product Introduction, Test Engineering), Material & Production planning, Customer services, Siemens Performance System (SPS) and Finance team to execute different projects to accomplish plant goals.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field.
• 3+ year of experience in manufacturing/distribution/warehouse environment.
• 3+ year of experience in process improvement / lean manufacturing methodologies.
• Microsoft Excel & Power point skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a results-orientated, challenging environment.
• Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation & team building skills
• Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
• Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 5-6 years’ experience in Electromechanical products manufacturing.
• Broad knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes.
• Experience with SAP.
• Supply chain experience.
• Lean Manufacturing Experience.
Job ID: 181095
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.