At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
To qualified candidates living in the Central portion of the United States living near a major airport. Clinical Laboratory Informatics Specialist (AIS) provides support for Siemens automation and informatics solutions and will be responsible for providing on-site support for system configuration, including pre-installation, installation, training, troubleshooting and post-implementation support of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics data management and network connectivity of Siemens informatics and automation products.
The areas of responsibilities are to work closely with Siemens Diagnostics first, second, and third level employees as well as management. The AIS must respond to the most difficult system problems such as counseling customers, Sales Representatives, Technical Applications Specialists (TASs), and Customer Service Engineers (CSEs) on corrective and preventative measures. The AIS will be integral to the planning of an installation, instrument setup, training of lab personnel, learning tools, troubleshooting guides, and standardization of operating procedures. The AIS will demonstrate the leadership and expertise necessary to train, develop, and mentor TASs.
The AIS position assumes a leadership role in the Technical Applications Organization. Therefore, the AIS will be regionally based out of the Central Zone but recognized as a national resource and will be required to support any customers across North America. This may require extensive travel to meet the needs of our customers or the needs of the organization. The individual will routinely interact directly with customers including Laboratory Managers, Supervisors and IT Administrators as well as external Laboratory Information System vendors and 3rd party middleware companies.
Performing pre-implementation activities including support of the sales process, pre-installation meetings, and technical demonstrations. Meetings with customers to discuss and establish readiness for Laboratory Information System (LIS) interface communication, network security and connectivity agreement, and establishment of customer specific workflow decisions that will determine system configuration activities (i.e., test setup, auto-verification, etc.) allowing for the successful integration of Siemens products.
Performing implementation activities including system hardware and software installation, network setup, application configuration, establishing connectivity for instruments, the LIS and Laboratory Automation System (LAS). Performing verification and acceptance testing, training of lab personnel, training and mentoring of local TASs and CSEs. Reviewing learning materials/tools and troubleshooting guides, helping to establish standardized operating procedures, and other related functions associated with middleware and automation.
Performing post-implementation support activities (on-site and remote) including answering questions, troubleshooting and solving problems, following the Siemens Diagnostics escalation process to involve second and third level support when appropriate, performing post-installation configuration and validation activities, attending meetings/conference calls, providing and facilitating training. The problems handled are often unique to each specific customer interaction with more complex problems often requiring the engagement of external resources and/or upper management.
The AIS will be vital in maintaining customer satisfaction with Siemens Diagnostics middleware and automation products and the performance of the integrated Siemens Diagnostics products as a complete system. They will be responsible for identifying areas that need improvement, implementing preventative and corrective action plans, and complying with Siemens quality/regulatory policy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
-Ability to travel extensively (about 80%) and be willing to travel anywhere in the region which includes the following states: North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kansas, Nebraska & Missouri.
- BS/BA degree, preferred in Medical Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 3 years’ experience, or equivalent work experience.
- IT professional certifications are recommended: A+, N+, S+, MCSE.
- Previous experience preferred in laboratory automation and middleware instruments, PC knowledge, networking and interface protocols, experience in a hospital setting supporting instrumentation and Laboratory Information Systems, includes troubleshooting RS232 serial and TCP/IP interfacing.
- Possess technical skills and knowledge with communication interface protocols, cabling & networking, data stream analysis and troubleshooting, experience setting up and configuring of automation and middleware or other relevant software applications and strong knowledge of computer operating system and hardware.
- Ability to use data stream monitor/analysis tools, data tracker, sniffers, communication and/or application simulators, cables and connector tools.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows operating systems, Ethernet and TCP/IP knowledge, browser configurations, internet connectivity configurations; both dial-up and broadband, firewall configurations, communication protocols including HL7, ASTM or other protocols.
- Familiarity with the following software necessary for routine daily operations: Windows XP, Windows 7, Lotus Notes, Netscape, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office Suite- Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SAP, Acrobat, PC Anywhere.
- Strong complex problem solving skills and the ability to translate technical issues into non-technical terms.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, accept responsibility and prioritize without significant management intervention.
- Professional attitude, comfortable working in a large corporate setting populated with diverse types of people, maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations, ability to accept change.
- An ability to interface at a highly technical level with assurance and confidence.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Laboratory experience such as MT or MLT and training experience within a Healthcare environment.
- Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser and RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery.
- Windows: XP, 7; Server2kx; Name Resolution; NTFS permissions; Registry; local Group Policy; Local User and Group management; Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities.
- Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; Encapsulation; LANs; VLANs; WANs; switching; bridging; Internet access technologies; ARP
- Security concepts: CIA; Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS.
NO RELOCATION BENEFITS ARE BEING OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION.
MUST HAVE A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD OVER THE LAST THREE YEARS.
Job ID: 181134
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.