Siemens Smart Infrastructure in Portland is currently searching for a Security Design Engineer to join their busy and growing team. As the Design Engineer you will be responsible for creating security designs. Ensuring that a comprehensive set of design deliverables and schedules are reviewed and submitted.
- You will also be required to ensure a full understanding of the requirement specifications to ensure that designs are fully compliant.
- You will have a strong working knowledge of the client procedure documents referred to in the contract and relative to the design process, ensuring that these requirements are incorporated fully into all designs.
- You will follow the contract administration process with guidance from the Project Manager to ensure that technical queries are implemented on a timely basis and that all responses are dealt with accordingly.
- Develop designs to meet the requirement of the project specification and in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure full implementation of the Clients Quality Assurance and Audit procedure throughout all sectional phases of the project.
- Oversee subcontract and supplier design submissions to ensure full compliance with the contract specification and requirements.
- Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying the equipment and materials to be utilized within the solution and to meet the client’s operational requirements.
- Produce and agree with the client a comprehensive cause and effect matrix.
- Create technical brief and requirement for each discipline for procurement and contractual agreement.
- Provide technical input to enable all system and layout drawings in AutoCAD. Lead the design approval process and take ownership of client technical agreement and sign off.
- Implement tools and procedures that ensure compliance with detailed document control processes.
- Identify, Manage and control change
- Take the Lead Technical role throughout the detailed design phase. Lead design process meetings both internally and externally taking responsibility to document and record output and actions.
- Implement demonstrable value engineering and continuous improvement solutions.
- Provide the lead role in responding to technical audits
- Be responsible for the design throughout the life of the project from the initial inquiry to handover / acceptance.
- Proven ability relating to the design of large, multi-discipline, integrated security systems.
- Ability to interpret client’s technical documentation and develop functional specifications for the overall solution.
- Proven ability to professionally document, illustrate and present detailed security system design specifications.
- Good organizational skills, Experience of working within operations teams, able to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, Suppliers and customers.
- Demonstrable ability to oversee supplier design activities, verify and integrate design information from external sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Technical and non-technical stake holders.
- Ability to interpret a performance based specification, to develop to a working design
- Experience of working within an operations team with proven people skills; able to communicate at all levels.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Education - High School Diploma
- 3+ years experience in the design and programming of Security and / or fire systems
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field will also be considered
- The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications related to our work
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 181140
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.