The Process, Reporting, and Governance Team drives innovation throughout the customer value chain, from sales, through implementation. Utilizing state of the art technologies, this team supports project excellence with industry leading best practices and processes, supported by tools and information technology sales, through implementation. Utilizing state of the art technologies, this team supports project excellence with industry leading best practices and processes, supported by tools and information
As a Sr. Process and Applications Engineer, you will lead multiple cross-functional Development teams to define, maintain, standardize, and streamline process for the Siemens Gas and Power teams. In addition, your responsibilities include documentation of processes and workflows, communication of the results of process improvement projects and support of the business units in development and process related questions.
1. Define and lead alignment efforts to streamline and drive a focused tool and process roadmap for a complex organization.
- • Identifies landscape synergies, updating tool roadmap to align tool and process activities across the region, supports global initiatives.
- • Conduct user group meetings to help determine the needs and requirements of the business. Identify and implement system and process improvements.
- • Coordinate across disciplines and integrate all aspects of business as they impact development projects including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources up, across, and down organization.
- • Develop and maintain training documentation and user manuals. Hold regular training sessions for onboarding of employees and local departments, as needed.
- • Troubleshoot, consult, and provide expert guidance to users
- • Provide a governance role for the business functions to sustain the organization's strategies and objectives.
2. Extend knowledge from local, proof of concept development efforts to global team
For multiple projects:
- • Lead and manage cross-functional, cross-site teams representing all SDLC phases with full responsibility for results including project planning, scheduling, tracking, coordinating and monitoring activities. This may include leveraging internal and/or external networks and ecosystems to ensure project success.
- • Identify needed decisions and drive the decision-making process
- • Schedule and lead meetings to coordinate inter-departmental project activities; including those necessary to resolve project issues. Facilitate the exchange of information between departments on a day-to-day basis and liaise with all members of the project team between project team meetings
- • Interface with Senior Functional Managers and Business Unit leadership as needed for resource management and early customer validation rapid learn-build-test cycles.
- • Manage project communications to all stakeholders (project teams, functional managers, internal and external customers, and senior management), including meeting minutes, monthly updates, communications meetings, and phase reviews
- • Commitment to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers.
- • Responsible for continuous improvement of the product development process to streamline time to market
- • Perform technical review of system design and documentation
3. Make digitalization real for the local business through data analytics and visualizations
• Work with local business partners to streamline workflows, utilize data, and support strategic decision making through creation of trends and connections relevant to the business.
• Champion use of interactive data visualizations for business relevant analytics
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or engineering
8 years of experience of application development within industrial, energy or aviation
Knowledge of power plant economics (domain know how) as well as how digitalization can support the power plant business in/across all phases (bid, engineering, erection, commissioning, operation).
Experience with coding (Oracle/SQL or other related platform development program)
Ability to convert customer value and market drivers into new technologies or applications.
Strong ability to grasp new digital concepts, analyze workflows and propose improvements. Ensures effective cooperation with stakeholders and development resources.
Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong teaming skills including cross-cultural abilities
Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office suite
- Travel up to 15% (Domestic/International)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
APEX, or other low code development experience preferred
- App deployment experience a plus
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 181147
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.