Are you prepared to be enabled with the most relevant hardware and software in the Security Industry? Does your drive for success include personal development of engineering, technical and project management knowledge?
· The Security Technician II Position is a mid level career position responsible for customer satisfaction.
· The primary goal of the position is to provide high level technical support, programming and commissioning of Siemens and third party security systems.
The position is responsible to the Field Supervisor. The Field Supervisor
includes QA/QC of rough-in, installation of devices and final terminations.
· Provide on-site field activities to include programming, startup and final commissioning.
· Assist less experienced employees in their technical development.
· Assist is supervising lower level employees and subcontractors.
· Provide exceptional customer service.
· Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
· May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
· Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks; provides value engineering ideas and details.
Education, and Experience:
· Required Education - High School Diploma
· 3+ years experience in the installation and programming of Security systems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
· Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan, and must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
· Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
· Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
· Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
· Must be able to use hand-tools.
· Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
Preferred Knowledge/Skill, Education, and Experience:
- Technical Proficiency (Oregon State LEA License – Journeyman)
· Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
· Competitive compensation.
· Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
· All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
· 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
· Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
· Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 181159
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.