Manufacturing / Production Engineer:
We are seeking a qualified, innovative engineer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will develop and improve manufacturing, repair and overhaul processes by studying products and manufacturing methods. You will oversee and improve production processes in our repair and overhaul center for rail equipment. Engineering aptitude, high attention to detail, and the ability to optimize production processes for maximum efficiency are necessary skills for this role.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing, repair and overhaul processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing, repair and overhaul efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
· 3+ years proven experience in production/industrial engineering
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering; master’s degree preferred
· Familiarity with CAD software
· Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access)
Job ID: 181165
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.