- Set overall directions and lead development of Project Controls systems and procedures
- Provide governance for the Project Controls function within Projects
- Provide requirement and resource planning within Projects
- Ensure consistent, accurate management and reporting of schedule and resourcing on projects
- Provide timely trend information and variance reports to Project Managers and helps to develop recovery plans on cost and schedule within agreed timeframes
- Ensure Project Controls teams supports Project teams on handling claims for variations and extensions and assists in resolutions of contract disputes
- Ensure robustness of project schedule, conduct healthiness checks and validate efficiency of mitigation measures.
- Identify and implement standard methodologies, continuous improvement, procedure and tools and systems for project controls
- Review feedback of cost and schedule actuals to estimating and business development for improvement of corporate estimating data
- Determine necessary discipline development and training requirements and arrange for appropriate training
- Attract, assemble, and develop a high-quality Project controls team (home and site schedulers)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10-12 years of experience in EPC complex projects or equivalent technical and commercial experience related to heavy industrial construction projects.
- 5-8 years of jobsite applicable Manager Project Controls/Cost Control experience
- Knowledge of PM processes and procedures including risk management
- Strong leadership and managerial skills as well as handle simultaneous projects and teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling techniques and associated Primavera P6 software
- Strong technical knowledge of the construction work involved, including the ability to use cost and estimating tools/methods/systems.
- Proficient on MS Office Applications
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Expert knowledge of the disciplines of finance, order management, manufacturing, transportation, construction and commissioning
- Require extended periods of time at the project site and/or other project locations
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 181171
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.