Sr. Energy Resiliency Engineer
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a dynamic and rapidly expanding organization. SGT is seeking a Sr. Energy Resiliency Engineer to join a team working on energy projects for Federal clients.
As a Sr. Energy Resiliency Engineer you will perform cross-functional technology assessments for Siemens Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC) and Microgrid projects, utilizing technologies such as power system protection, cybersecurity, distributed generation, energy storage, Building Management Systems (BMS)/ Energy Management Systems (EMS), etc. As Energy Resiliency Engineer you will also conduct software simulation using COTS software to perform mass and energy calculations, power system studies and network analysis.
- Complete 30% concept designs for ICS infrastructure, low and medium voltage power systems and protection schemes, including applications for cybersecurity of controls systems.
- Prepare and create concept designs and specifications for the equipment necessary for resiliency improvements.
- Perform assessments for power system protection, cybersecurity, distributed generation, energy storage, solar PV, Building Management Systems (BMS)/Energy Management Systems (EMS) technology implementation.
- Perform assessments for technologies for load control and demand a response implementation.
- Complete investment grade audit of customer energy networks
- Develop conceptual one lines and generate preliminary power studies including but not limited to load flow, short circuit, selective coordination, and dynamic analysis.
- Define detailed line-item budget estimate for proposed potential recommendations, which will include subcontractor bid pricing for each discipline, firm equipment costs, engineering costs, project and construction management costs and contingencies. Assist in developing MEP cost estimates for building MEP retrofits on large Federal performance contracts
- Define project scope and design deliverables that support project goals in collaboration with the Government client and all stakeholders.
- Perform necessary field design survey to develop design packages and energy security assessments for customer’s future Distributed Energy Resource (DER) assets.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing technical support; analyze risk and managing and resolving customer issues.
- Develop supply side energy resiliency solutions utilizing traditional generation sources as well as renewables, battery storage, and micro-grid controls that are compliant to Federal UFC and RMF standards.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Technology or other related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of design build experience preferably in the Energy field with progression in the ESPC industry where you acquired knowledge and understanding of design standards in relation to design build projects, that are necessary to comply with applicable codes
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in relation to building / construction projects, instillation of systems, plants, and or equipment
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in and knowledge of general electrical engineering
- NETA and PE certifications are highly preferred.
- CISSP cyber security certification or equivalent is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical substation commissioning with experience in various protection schemes.
- Construction experience with the ability to meet project deadlines. Construction in the ESCO and Design Build/EPC arena is highly preferred
- Simulation experience using COTS software to perform calculations, and analyses
- Excellent Project Management skills (e.g., understanding schedules, meeting and exceeding customer deadlines, ability to take a leadership role when necessary, etc.)
- Knowledge of various DG technologies is a must
- Strong familiarity with SKM, Etap, PSS Sincal, HOMER, Visio, CAD, MS Office Suite
- Understand high integration requirements between power, energy, and cybersecurity, with the ability to understand protections schemes and how they relate to implementation in power system studies
- Ability to understand protection schemes and how they relate to implementation in power system studies.
- Ability to be proactive and take the initiative when necessary
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail skills and inherent understanding and knowledge of concepts related to this field.
- Knowledge of U.S. commercial and Government standards, regulations and codes will be beneficial (e.g., DoD Unified Facility Criteria, OSHA, NFPA, ASHRAE, NIST, DoDi, RMF, NERC CIP Cyber security, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel, both domestic and international, at a minimum of 30% annually
Candidate must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain a US federal agency security clearance if later required.
*** Candidates with ability to work from remote location within the United States to be considered
Job ID: 181181
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.