The exciting, fast growing Digital Factory division of Siemens PLM Software is actively recruiting for Professional Services Technical Architects focused on data migration.
As a Siemens Professional Services Technical Architect, you are the point person for building a strong relationship with customers and helping them realize their vision within their industry. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, technical leadership skills, process improvement skills as well as Teamcenter PLM configuration and customization implementation skills. Responsible for providing specialist migration expertise by consulting, advising, recommending migration solutions based on own experience and industry best practices.
As part of the Professional Services team, you will work with Consultants, Solution Architects, Project Managers, Industry Experts and Product Development teams to ensure project and customer success.
- Understand and demonstrate how Siemens PLM migration services will impact and integrate with customers’ initiatives, business drivers, value and impact.
- Leverage migration best practices and templates for the Siemens PLM Software solution to provide rapid customer value.
- Provide technical input to Solution Architects regarding solution design in the area of migration.
- Lead migration activities, including analysis, design, solution validation and any required prototyping, with the customer to verify if the best in class template solution applies to the customer’s environment, justify and defend selected solution to the customer explaining why and how this solution will deliver the highest value to their business.
- Support project management activities to control scope, cost, schedule and quality for data migration for the of legacy systems data.
- Communicate migration processes, and progress by interacting with the customer to support customer expectations and customer adoption.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mechanical and/or Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Technology or equivalent knowledge of PLM.
- Experience with meta data migration, mapping, data validation.
- Previous migration experience with Enterprise PLM, ERP or MES systems.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following
- Java, ITK, SQL, PLMXML, XML, XSLT, C, C++
- Teamcenter Site Consolidation experience a plus.
- CAD data migration (UG/NX, ProE, Creo, SolidWorks, CATIA) experience a plus.
- Basic knowledge and previous experience of databases and CAD/CAM systems.
- Multiple years implementing Teamcenter solutions or similar products, such as Enovia, SmartTeam, Windchill, Aras Innovator or Agile.
- Experience leading a group of consultants or customer during a software implementation or migration project.
- Multiple years working in a customer facing environment.
- Good communication skills at various levels throughout an organization.
- A self-starter with strong communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%.
- Openings are available in any Major USA City. Preferred: Detroit MI, Cincinnati OH, Cypress CA, Plano TX, St Louis MO
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 181219
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.