We are seeking an experienced software engineer to develop advanced design space exploration techniques as part of a dynamic, global and rapidly growing team. As a developer, you will research and develop innovative methods for helping our customers solve challenging engineering design problems. This position requires learning and applying techniques from the fields of optimization, sensitivity analysis, uncertainty quantification, and machine learning to enhance our products, which are evolving the engineering design paradigm. The area of exploration is one of the mainstay pillars of our technology and as part of this team you will be expected to contribute to this important part of our software. You will be reporting to the manager of exploration and data analytics methods.
• Design, implementation and maintenance of design space exploration techniques in HEEDS (our software product)
• Follow the established development processes
• Write and review software requirements documents
• Create QA tests for the implemented functionality
• Detailed documentation of the implementations
• Research and fix assigned bugs
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• MS/PhD degree in Mathematics/Computer Science/Engineering
• Experience in the implementation and application of design space exploration techniques (e.g. Optimization, Sensitivity analysis, Uncertainty quantification, Machine learning, DOE)
• Proficient in application of OOP using C++
• Good team work and cooperation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Commercial software development
Job ID: 181236
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.