Siemens Customer Services Is seeking a Director of Production to lead a diverse manufacturing team. Siemens Customer Services provides a wide range of products including new build for select systems, overhaul and repair of Rolling Stock. This role will manage not only on-site production but also production teams and activities on customer sites around North America.
The primary focus will be to develop appropriate staffing and scheduling plans to ensure the safety of workers along with maximum productivity output. The candidate will work with project management teams to plan departmental operations by establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing. This role will also support cost reduction activities to directly impact the facility and direct project costs while maintaining high quality output.
This role is expected to be a results-oriented leader accountable for all aspects of meeting customer and employee expectations. This position will work with the team to identify strengths and weaknesses and develop plans for staffing, training, coaching and mentoring as needed to ensure a high functioning team. Additionally, formal hands on training opportunities need to be further developed to include proper operation of equipment, safety, and quality standards.
The candidate must be a team player, able to play the leading role for the manufacturing engineers and assemblers and be effective in influencing cross functional partners including product management and engineering to ensure schedules are met and production issues are resolved timely. The candidate will also need to help drive a culture with a strict focus on safety along with continuous improvements.
This position will work with the onsite Industrial Engineer to evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Monthly presentations and KPI’s will need to be developed and presented to executive management.
Travel may be required to ensure remote locations receive proper knowledge transfer, validate set up plans and processes are in place to deliver high quality products in a safe environment. It is critical to document and learn manufacturing processes and techniques, and train staff how to perform assembly job and integrate best practices into each location.
• The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of manufacturing leadership experience with previous multi-line responsibility, and oversight of a team.
• Some college in appropriate field of study.
• Demonstrated experience and performance in team development, project management and production planning systems.
• Knowledge of general labor law requirements and related safe and appropriate workplace practices.
• Strong employee development skills with emphasis on ability to teach and influence.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Adequate Presentation skills to be able to relay results and strategies to executive management.
• Demonstrated use of process improvement tools.
• Knowledge of business planning tools, software applications and related systems (Resource planning, Advanced Word, Excel, and Power Point user).
• Knowledge of quality operating systems and related standard operating procedures.
Job ID: 181239
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.