We are seeking a self-driven and highly motivated software engineer to be an integral part of our Acquisition team. As a core member of the engineering team, you will lead development of state-of-the-art Ultrasound Acquisition software and integrate advanced medical imaging technologies into our products. You must be skilled in developing Test driven, high quality software in a C#/C++/python/.NET/Windows environment. You will part of a cross functional team of engineers and scientists to solve problems for our customers and create business value.
- Lead, Implement, integrate, and debug Acquisition Software for our premium Ultrasound system.
- Apply sound software engineering principles for developing software keeping quality up.
- Exemplify software development using state of the art software development practices.
- Peer review code, design and tests.
- Estimate development efforts and forecast long term feature delivery.
- Interact with internal and external customers to develop cohesive user experiences.
Skill & Experience Requirements:
- 10 plus years of experience in development, implementation, integration, and debugging of software for Medical Imaging or mission critical devices.
Bachelors and or masters’ in a Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent field of Engineering
- In depth understanding of developing software for complex equipment or instruments in a C#/C++/.NET environment including thorough understanding operating systems API and software development tools.
- Hands on knowledge of Agile Methodologies of developing software. The ideal candidate will have worked on all phases of a product from concept to delivery.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Proven track record as a strong team player and ability of directing, motivating and mentoring SW development teams. Works well in cross functional teams, spread out in various locations across the world and effectively bridging the gap
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Latest Microsoft development tools e.g. Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
- Experience in developing Medical Imaging software for Ultrasound systems
- Experience in embedded SW design and implementation.
- Experience using python (NumPy) for prototyping.
Job ID: 181242
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.