What are my responsibilities?
- Having objective to execute all aspects of accounting governance and closing and reporting activities within the ASEAN-Pacific region
- Performs function of Hub Head of Accounting and Controlling for multiple regional companies=
- You will be responsible for all Accounting topics (i.e. accounting advisory to the business, closing and reporting tasks, disclosure requirements) and you will lead a small team to execute the accounting governance role over multiple regional companies
- You will be tasked to provide guidance to team members and carry out task and the responsibility in the areas of monthly closing activities, reviews journal voucher, review audit reports and support audit activities (internal and external) for multiple regional companies
- Become Topic Matter Expert (TME) for multiple complex accounting topics
- You will be initiating and performing project management role (definition of schedule, budget, quality, risk, project changes, opportunity and resource allocation management) for process optimization and digitalization initiatives
- You would have to ensure awareness and provide training to users on accounting guidelines for TME and other accounting global projects
- Support ad-hoc requirement/task
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- An above average Degree in Accountancy and a professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CA, CPA)
- Expert knowledge and experience in accounting for construction contracts, forex accounting, provisions and accruals, etc. under IFRS
- Experience in leadership roles to guide and motivate team members and help on team members' growth and development potential
- At least 8 years of cross-functional experience in audit, accounting, controlling and business administration, preferably some experience in Big 4 or multinational corporation
- Ability to manage in a multicultural and cross-functional environment and to deal with Senior/Executive Management
- Able to work independently, self motivated, possess analytical skills and ability to adapt to change.
- Someone who thrives in an international environment and possess excellent communication and English skills both orally and in writing
- SAP and Microsoft office applications advanced knowledge
Job ID: 181248
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time