From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced to join our Mobility team based in our Adelaide office.
The aim of the is to act as an expert and support the Project Manager as a partner by planning, supervising, ensuring and reporting of appropriate activities with regards to failure prevention and effective implementation (pro-active and re-active). Acting as a catalyst for continuous improvement in all PM@Siemens project phases, e.g. by communicating lessons learned from other projects to his/her team as well as documenting own lessons learned for other projects and process improvement.
· The scope of the job incorporates all project-related activities in order to meet the targeted results with regards to quality with consideration of requirements of business-related headquarters (overall strategy, basic processes and their interfaces, tool application, compliance issues),
· Customer (contractual requirements, expectations and at least satisfaction),
· Market (statutory, regulatory and state of the art requirements),
· Liaison with third parties (e.g. suppliers and sub-contractors, consortium partner, authorities, surveyors, etc.) and -as far as relevant- public conditions and interests.
1) Main Tasks as Quality Manager in Projects
- application in accordance to the QM system applied by the relevant BU; (b) support project management in planning and securing milestone results; (c) cooperate with QM of the project-related BU and other functions e.g. environmental protection, health and safety at work.
- Establish and monitor quality plan e.g. acc. ISO 10005 / 10006, define quality targets based on project critical factors and define methods/tools based on HQ standards.
- processes to a) analyse and monitor fulfillment of contractual and committed requirements b) management of professional feedback to and from the customer, c) manage complaints.
- Identify qualification requirements and initiate training for project employees with regards to knowledge of quality methods to be applied, process awareness and expert knowledge.
- Planning and preparation of quality management reports in line with EN 50129 as groundwork for the safety case
2) Main Tasks QSE – Site Coordinator
- Liaise with Project Management in the communication, consultation and issue resolution processes with workers, including subcontractors, on a day to day basis.
- Build effective relationships between Siemens, Department of Planning Transport and Infrastructure “DPTI”, the Main Works Contractor “MWC” and Siemens Sub-contractors to manage project matters consultatively.
- Conduct regular QSE project and site inspections in conjunction with Project Manager and Site Construction Manager.
- Assist in internal/external quality, safety & environmental audits.
- Manage all incidents and near misses in accordance with Siemens safety requirements, the requirements of DPTI and the MWC.
- Prepare or assist the Site Construction Manager in the preparation of and attend daily pre-starts, toolbox meetings to brief team on safety related matters;
- Plan & coordinate project safety & environmental meetings in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Record and distribute QSE meeting minutes to project staff & employees.
- Implement a Siemens Communication process including notices boards displaying quality, safety & environmental performance, statistics, awareness topics etc.
- Ensure that information on the Siemens Site Noticeboards is current.
- Manage the induction process and maintain records;
- Report to work in ‘Fit for Duty’ free from drugs, alcohol, or suffering from fatigue.
- Have a clear understanding of all relevant Statutory Legislation, Siemens & customer specific quality, safety & environment conditions and regulations.
- Plan and implement Siemens QSE requirements into daily project operations.
- Review all personnel and subcontractor activities for compliance.
- Initiate hazard identification & Job Safety & Environmental Analysis (JSEA).
- Ensure sub-contractors are complying with relevant regulations & site conditions
- Ensure all Siemens and subcontractors SWMS are current and located on site.
- Maintain project hazard and risk register, update as required.
- Review SWMS and maintain Siemens SWMS register and assist with issue of site packs for works;
- Managing project EHS licences and permits to work.
- Manage fatigue proactively in accordance with Siemens procedural requirements.
- Ensure all Siemens Safety documentation required by the Principal Contractor is in place and that all records are maintained on site including maintaining an EHS Register.
- Monitor the use of Ensure PPE, ensure it is fit for purpose, in good condition and worn by the employees and subcontractors at all times.
- Manage SDS and Hazardous Substance process.
- Become familiar with MWC “high risk” procedures and monitor compliance.
- Assist with preparation and scheduling of QSE talks and presentations.
- Defining and issuing of project specific directives in collaboration with the PM to the project team members to ensure compliance with the relevant internal and customer processes, quality rules and regulations.
· Able to work with different teams, sometimes situated in other offices or countries
· University degree (or comparable proven work experience) in the related areas.
· ISO 10005 / 10006 Knowledge
· At least 3 years of experience in a quality management role and QSE site coordinator
· Good understanding of technical and engineering terminology with clear understanding of document lifecycles and project phases
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 181249
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time