Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Commissioning Engineer to execute and manage all phases of systems and/or service jobs to include: estimating, designing, tracking, installing, billing and customer acceptance. Reporting into the Auburndale, MA office, the Commissioning Engineer designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
* Independently lead and manage building commissioning projects from award to close-out and turnover to Siemens organization.
* Partner with Siemens engineering team to reviews design documents, drawings and specifications building controls system sequences and equipment submittals.
* Reviewing system controls sequences and participating in meetings to clarify and improve them.
* Generating pre-functional checklists and performing pre-functional checks of installed equipment.
* Performing construction site visits to identify and document discrepancies, including generating site visit reports summarizing each visit through all project phases.
* Writing system-specific functional performance test scripts from design control sequences.
* Leading and completing functional performance testing with Siemens technical workforce.
* Possessing thorough knowledge and understanding of building automation systems (BAS) and being able to use and manipulate BAS independently.
* Performing, documenting and troubleshooting integrated system tests.
* Generating and maintaining Commissioning Issues Reports with a focus on expediting issues resolution.
* Verifying equipment and system start-up work, and supporting documentation.
* Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in all situations by being a proficient writer who can concisely communicate and manage information throughout all phases of a project.
* Demonstrate exceptional project management skills by providing clear, transparent and regular updates on project statuses.
* Coordinate commissioning activities into a master schedule.
*Perform and collaborate with hands-on troubleshooting of MEP and BAS controls systems.
* 5-10 years construction project management experience with mechanical, electrical, and building automation systems, including design, controls systems integration and implementation, troubleshooting, testing, adjusting, balancing and facility operations preferred
* Hands-on building automation controls commissioning, and equipment start-up and operations experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Associate’s Degree in Engineering preferred, however, candidates with directly related work experience and a minimum of a High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) will also be considered
* PE license is a plus, but not required
* Must have fully developed technical competencies related to Building Mechanical, Electrical, and building automation control systems
* Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
* Must be at least 21 years old with a clean and valid driver’s license; must meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle.
Job ID: 181342
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.