As the Sr. Project Manager you will be responsible for the direction, coordination and progress of studies, FEED's and development projects, including multi-discipline engineering activities and ensure that the project and engineering scope of work for the LNG export facility is progressed in accordance with the project requirements and schedule. In addition, you will be responsible for coordinating the work of Siemens execution centers as well as external consultants to establish the project organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess the qualifications of key resources and ensure that the project and engineering team is adequately staffed to produce quality deliverables in accordance with the agreed schedule.
- Review and approve all deliverables developed for the LNG facility by Siemens engineering centers
- Progress and coordinate the project and engineering design to meet the contracted performance criteria and stakeholders requirements
- Monitor progress of the development of project and engineering design deliverables and propose corrective actions in the event of potential schedule overrun.
- Ensure that HAZIDs, HAZOPs and other HSSE-related reviews are carried out.
- Facilitate project risk workshops and follow up on project and engineering-related actions relating to risk response action plans.
- Prepare project and engineering progress reports to support flow of key information to management and consortium partners to assist in decision making.
- Ensure compliance with Project Standards
- Contribute to the Management of Change process in terms of engineering reviews, changes and potential changes
- Ensure that all the project interfaces are identified, registered and engineered, with particular emphasis to the connectivity with other delivery streams of the project
- Demonstrate visible leadership and commitment to excellent HSSE performance,
- Undertake a review of previous lessons learned, and the incorporation of relevant lessons learned into the design.
- Monitor project and engineering performance against proposal critical success factors and report at monthly meetings.
- Ensure that a suitable document management strategy is in place and implemented, including how engineering documentation is managed and controlled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 15 years of experience of hydrocarbon oil and gas project engineering experience
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, supported by inter-personal skills that support working at a senior level.
- Team player with a mindset to work with a global team and with diverse cultures.
- Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with peers and partner representatives to influence decisions or ways of working.
- Ability to coach, mentor and share knowledge in both formal and informal settings.
- Excellent written and presentation skills with ability to explain technical matters to staff not conversant with the detailed technical area.
- Able to manage time effectively, both own time and that of a team to achieve delivery of work against agreed schedules.
- Self-starter with a strong delivery focus and good problem solving and analytical skills
- Travel up to 40% (Domestic/International)
- PE Preferred
Job ID: 181352
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.