Customers around the world trust our products. And field service engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a competent advisor, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you don’t do “unfair.” Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, you will reach one hundred percent in your career.
In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for executing major projects in the Transformers US business area to include transportation & logistics, customer interface, scheduling, communication, and coordination of transformer equipment installations.
You will also interface with global transformer factory project management teams, business development, marketing, logistics, installation advisors, proposal specialists, and contract administrators to ensure safe and compliant installations of transformers for the Siemens US customer base.
- Oversee execution phase of projects from receipt of order thru end of warranty of transformer.
- Serve as primary interface to customer to complete projects on schedule, control job costs at or below budget, achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and manage change orders to increase job profitability.
- Communicate contract and schedule requirements to Siemens factory personnel, installation supervisors and sub-contractors.
- Communicate with Siemens factories regarding warranty support, provision of local field expertise and installation proposals.
- Reviews sub-supplier documents to ensure compliance with project requirements (specifications, performance…)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Position requires experience in project planning, scheduling, communication, execution, coordination, administration and documentation.
- Process oriented mindset to managing projects.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and maintaining project cost control.
- Good organizational skills to respond to multiple inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Familiarity with T&D large power transformers desirable.
- Strong analytical skills to assess situations and drive decision making
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communications skills
- Experience in producing written reports (i.e. published papers, company reports, etc.)
- Ability to independently function in a changing, high-impact position, with deadline and resource constraints
- Ability to work well in teams interacting routinely with finance, marketing and field service operations to achieve a common goal.
- Project responsibilities are execution of project(s) assigned with responsibility for budget, adherence to schedule and quality and technical requirements
- Has a clear understanding of the sold product (reviews, understands, and ensures compliance with required contract documents including commercial and technical specifications, scope, schedule, and performance requirements).
- Bid responsibilities include support of the bid team with technical expertise and insight into operations.
- Adherence to Siemens PM Processes and procedures.
- PMI or equivalent project management certification a plus; eventual certification will be a requirement.
- BS degree or 8+ years’ experience in directly related field
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Job ID: 181354
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.