Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology. Around the world.
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for the overall plant maintenance program at a 2 X 1 Combined Cycle Power Plant. You will also develop and update plant maintenance procedures and establish/maintain preventive maintenance support system, equipment and tools, warehouse and inventory control, spare parts, site procurement and material receiving. Are you ready to join us!
• Manages all preventative, predictive and emergency maintenance at facility within safe, legal and permissible limits.
• Using established employee selection guidelines, assists in hiring of plant personnel.
• Provides performance related feedback and formal evaluations for plant technicians.
• Develops, refines and administers maintenance qualification and training programs.
• Develops, refines, and administers plant maintenance procedures and programs.
• Requires a high degree of ingenuity to support the optimization of plant equipment through the scheduling and performance of corrective/preventative maintenance and the utilization of new products and methods.
• Establish and implement the routine maintenance program and preventative maintenance procedures. Schedule preventative and corrective maintenance.
Maintain spare parts history and implement and maintain inventory control.
• Maintain high level of interaction with maintenance personnel. Supervise, manage, and evaluate personnel in maintenance group. Assist in plant training program.
• Coordinate outages in conjunction with Plant Manager and Division outage planning function.
• Implement and monitor CEM and other environmental requirements and provide technical support for the equipment.
• Prepare plant performance and environmental reports, maintenance activity reports, production forecast, etc. as necessary to satisfy owner/governmental/utility requirements.
• Assist the site safety designee and/or environmental designee in their administration and/or development of the safety/environmental programs including training of employees.
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Engineering or technical degree required. HS diploma/GED and relevant training/experience may be considered.
• Requires a thorough understanding of all aspects of power plant maintenance, and a good working knowledge of combustion and steam turbines, generators, boilers, and instrumentation and controls.
• Requires strong verbal and written communications skills, and interpersonal skills necessary to supervise nonexempt personnel.
• Requires a strong ability to present, explain and defend rationale behind actions taken during the course of business in a concise and logical manner.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Job ID: 181356
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.