Country HRBP – Multiple Businesses
We’re Siemens. A
collection of over 379,000 minds making real what matters for the future, one
day at a time in 190+ countries.
We leverage our powerful ecosystem of leading external and internal partners and our network of key delivery centers. We believe in the value of industry best-practice standards achieved through evolving technology and digitalization. We focus on employee experience as a key driver of our actions. In doing so, we deliver flexibility, quality and efficiency for the businesses we partner with.
We’re searching for a Senior HR Generalist who will lead two (02) of the complex and growing businesses of the Smart Infrastructure (SI) Operating Company for SIEMENS in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. One of the business units has the entire value chain of the Siemens such as Sales, R&D, Manufacturing, Projects, Service and Strategy whereas the other which is One of the fastest growing business units of SI and is focused on sales, solution and project management in a technology driven market. Hence the combination would result in one of the largest BU level partnering assignments in Siemens India. The key responsibility for this position would be to engage with the BU Leadership teams to define the HR strategy and drive interventions based on the same, to take care of the growing and profitable businesses. The aspired business growth is 2.5 times of GDP rate by 2020 and to enable this the need of the hour is to drive employee engagement and development across the business.
Come, Change the future with us!
- You will learn and display the understanding of business and its strategy, will be an active part of the decision making process across all facets of the organizational unit (Sales, Service, Operations, Projects, R&D, Procurement, etc.), and provide the local perspective of business needs and requirements to HR at all levels e.g. organizing a learning initiative for driving value selling amongst the newly carved out value selling group from the sales team.
- You will ensure implementation of Global HR Strategy in alignment with local needs (wherever applicable) e.g. Hiring and retention of key resources from the global R&D group as well as driving employee engagement activities together with the R&D Head. Also, you will collaborate with Global HR Business Partners to ensure alignment between global business / people strategy and local people strategy and related HR initiatives.
- You will develop and communicate the local People Strategy and translate it into HR goals & actions each year do this for both the BUs together with the BU leadership team. You’ll lead or contribute to the implementation of HR programs and initiatives for assigned countries / units e.g. with the project management & Sales resourcing in Bangladesh / Sri Lanka.
- You will partner with leadership teams at relevant levels to help build in organizational capability. Identifying needs for change management and partnering along with Internal Expert Teams (HR CoEs) to execute related activities e.g. value selling as a concept as well as developing the capability in the value selling team.
- You will drive discussions related to workforce & organization design changes and provide recommendations e.g. use of the Strategic workforce planning tool to forecast the Manpower needs especially for Operations. Here, you’ll partner with business leaders to actively analyze and drive cultural change in line with business strategy.
- You will enable local business to develop a diverse, robust talent pipeline. Ensuring this happens at the entry level with the BTech, MTech Programs through TA. Also, you will guide the business on the appropriate HR programs, processes, and policies based on the business environment / strategy.
- You will orchestrate and connect business with experts across the HR value chain to develop new or leverage existing solutions. You’re responsible for or contributing to HR activities in the country. You’ll educate managers and employees on best use of on-demand solutions for relevant HR related topics.
- You will support & facilitate Engagement workshops and action planning with BU leadership teams and the individual department managers, thereby supporting talent identification and development within both the BUs in India. Supporting them with their IDP's, giving the talent visibility to the Global BU leadership in the form of interaction and involvement in global projects, along with developing the succession plan for both BUs in India.
- Another important part of your role is regularly speaking with the business leaders on a monthly basis to ascertain their HR related issues and proactively resolving them. Setting up regular meetings with all the department heads to spend time with them to understand the business imperatives and enable them with measures from HR and mitigate any possible risks for them to ensure they are able to achieve their business plans. Be a sounding Board and regularly address employees as part of townhalls as well as be a sounding board for the employees to address their HR needs. You’ll also support the managers to come up with an action plan post our Global Employee Survey.
Meet the stakeholders you’ll bring the change with:
- Business stakeholders: All Employees in the businesses mentioned above (BU CEO, BU CFO, N-1, Indirect Stakeholders - Union Representatives for Town halls, transformation exercise etc.)
- Other stakeholders - Universities, Engineering Colleges, Skill Development Centers, for internships/ hiring to the scholarship program, Siemens Technical Academy for in plant training in the factories and Technician hiring
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds with an winning attitude!
- You bring in 15+ years of post-qualification experience of HR, preferably have seen different facets of the function by now and should definitely have managed businesses with over 800-1000 employees.
- You are a management graduate from reputed management institutes, an excellent standout colleague and leader.
- You’ve a digital mindset, have great communication skills, love to work in teams, are grounded, honest and hard working.
Make your mark in the cool
n exciting world at Siemens!
This role is based in Mumbai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
Last but not the least. we're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Feel free to apply for this role. On finding your candidature suitable, our recruiter will contact you for the preliminary discussion for this role. All the very best.
Job ID: 181363
Organization: Human Resources
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time