Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology. Around the world.
In this hands-on role, you will safely operate and maintain the facility and all equipment to meet production schedules and minimize costs. You will be responsible for daily operation and maintenance of all equipment at the plant. Are you ready for your next challenge?
Become technical expert on assigned systems to include the following items:
· Identify required spare parts inventory
· Perform preventative maintenance tasks
· Writing maintenance procedure
· Prepare lesson plans and conduct staff training on system
· Identify required system modifications and prepare economic justification
· Identifying outage maintenance items for planning purposes
· Supervising outside contractors
· Maintaining as built system drawings
· Lead the mechanical maintenance effort of plant personnel in the performance of maintaining equipment.
· Utilize the computerized CMMS including preventive maintenance, inventory control, and work orders, etc.
· Assist with outage planning, spare parts purchasing, and inventory control.
· Diagnose, troubleshoot, and maintain power generation plant systems.
· Maintain buildings, grounds and structures.
· Install, maintain and repair plant instrumentation, computers, electrical, electronic and pneumatic control equipment.
· Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair plant electronic/pneumatic systems, Teleperm system and facility computers, process control equipment and instrumentation.
· Install, maintain and repair electrical components such as rotating electrical equipment, meters, motor controllers, switchgear, plant lighting and battery systems as required.
· Install and calibrate instrumentation and control systems
· Maintain and operate the plant warehouse and storeroom.
· Maintain a computer-based inventory system.
· Ship and receive equipment and material.
· Move equipment and material throughout the facility.
· Perform a variety of tasks in support of operation and maintenance of the plant.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Associates Degree in Power Plant Technology preferred but not required
· 3+ years of relevant experience required.
· Experience Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing plant electronic/pneumatic systems.
· Experienced in outage Maintenance
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Operation and Maintenance experience in a Power Plant
· Experience Installing, maintaining and repairing plant instrumentation, computers, electrical, electronic and pneumatic control equipment.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Job ID: 181381
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.