Siemens Rail Automation
Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers’ operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
In this role, you will provide systems engineering support on moderate to complex systems engineering projects and participate in requirements capture; develops new requirements based on customer need. You will also translate requirements into detailed systems/product speciﬁcations and participate in systems analysis, systems/product validation and veriﬁcation. In addition, you will provide technical support to systems/product users and other partners, providing resolution to engineering problems (HW, SW, Test). Implements system improvements and reports on the efficiency of existing and new systems/products.
- Participate in rotational exposure to all aspects of R&D life cycle to understand products; customer requirements and interface of hardware/software and system integration.
- Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test ﬁxtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products
- Evaluate preliminary engineering and customer requirements to perform hardware designs and application software design with direct supervision.
- Develop test procedures and test plans according to established company procedures and under direct supervision.
- Acquire a broad understanding of the function, department, and business by cross-training and supporting other roles, as requested.
- Understand current industry signal standards and practices including AREMA recommendations and FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing, and responding to customer feedback in an effective, timely and courteous manner to ensure that designs meet customer specifications.
- Adhere to quality expectations in development of routine designs.
- Follow established guidelines and procedure to ensure technical standards are met according to company standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related.
- Interest in developing a career into SW, HW, Systems or Test engineering.
- 1-2 years ability to debug and troubleshoot electrical/electro-mechanical devices/systems.
Qualiﬁed Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualiﬁed Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 181406
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.