C++/Architecture/CAE Framework - Software Engineer - Advanced (SISW-PLM)
Siemens PLM is seeking a Software Engineer - Advanced to contribute to our Simulation Framework team. The primary focus of this team is the development of high quality software that serves as an underlying framework for other parts of the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ simulation product such as mesh generation and physics. Specific technologies within this group include core data structures, high performance storage and I/O, and numerical methods. As a member of this team you will be expected to contribute both to maintenance of existing code and development of new features based on user requests and internal ideas. All code written should be well designed, high quality, and robust.
- Support the maintenance of our existing capability (bug fixing, code cleanup, etc.)
- Developing new features based on user requests and internal ideas.
- Participating in regularly scheduled team conference calls by contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology.
- Participating in periodic in person meetings to plan for future releases (approximately 1-2 trips per year).
- Supporting other developers through code review
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Expertise in object-oriented C++ software development
- Experience developing core data structures and other software frameworks underlying complex software applications using modern design patterns and principles
- Experience in high performance parallel computing
- Understanding of computational methods in mathematics and engineering, such as numerical integration, interpolation, and discretization
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews
- Master’s Degree or higher in a related field (computer science, applied mathematics, or engineering) or significant post-graduate industry experience
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience in a related field
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience using modern computer architectures, including remote/cloud computing
- Experience with high performance file systems, I/O, and database management
- Familiarity with computational simulation such as CFD and FEA
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.