As a Project Technical Lead Engineer , your primary focus is to ensure technical solutions are delivered on time and within budget meeting customer requirements. In addition oversee customer projects for (Aero Derivatives) AGT Mods & Ups and integrates and facilitates the work of the engineering team members. This individual will also provide program and technical leadership and support to the team and comply with the Engineering function's policies throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Establish appropriate flow-down of customer requirements to the project. Perform system to system integration on the unit including hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical interfaces, including writing Technical Construction Files, ICDs, clearance and removal checks, and other related items
- Agree and commit to the project management/business plan and develop detailed schedule, budgets and statements of work
- Manage change requests and overall engineering scope of the project
- Drives the global project teams to deliver key project milestones, documents and Design Reviews to meet KPI metrics and business revenue targets
- Ability to identify, communicate and escalate project issues clearly and effectively to the project team and management
- Assist in review and refinement of system specifications, and establish appropriate system level requirements for the project team
- Participate in system and components development process by identifying potential weak points, and develops solutions based on engineering judgment, inputs from Siemens experts, customer, suppliers and other systems partners
- Oversee the preparation of system documents such as description notes, analysis reports, certification reports, I&C documentation and guides.
- Participate in the development of test and certification for the project
- Ensure information flow between engineering and the supply chain, program management, test and other Siemens operations and ensure it is effectively managed and integrated
- Maintain a program to ensure that all activities are fully compliant with the quality requirements
- Implement effective risk management and apply health, safety and environmental policies including a commitment to continuous improvement
- Utilize Siemens tools effectively to manage and communicate project health
- Forecast engineering resource demand for assigned projects
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering experience
- 8 years of experience within engineering technical solutions
- 3+ years of experience in project management
- Project Management experience in planning, controlling budgets and driving to schedules
- Field experience in the oil & gas, energy industry and aerospace
- Experience with aero derivative gas turbine packaging
- Application Programming Interface (API) codes and standards
- Familiarity with regulations and certification process
- Knowledge of SAP
- Six Sigma Lean Certification
- PMP Certification
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 181429
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.