As the Installation and Commissioning Engineer you will design packaging systems solutions for large, complex, turn-key or EPC global projects for the complete range of AGT products.
- Develop Mechanical or Electrical subsystem designs; e.g., gas/liquid fuel, hydraulic, water injection, air (inlet filtration, ventilation, exhaust), etc.
- Develop and deliver engineering drawings such as P&ID (Process and Instrumentation Diagrams), Schematics, Cable Schedules, General Arrangement, Assembly, Work Instructions, Demolition or Construction Diagrams, Work Packs, API data sheets, Component/Equipment data sheets, Statements of Work, etc.
- Perform basic engineering calculations (e.g., pressure drop, pump/motor sizing, pressure vessel, etc.)
- Extract system requirements based on form, fit, function from customers’ sites and define new requirements based on upgrade solutions sold
- Work with Project Lead Engineer and Project Manager to manage and deliver integrated project solutions to customers
- Work with designers/drafters on detailed designs to develop engineering solutions and drawings
- Liaise with procurement and suppliers to source parts, components and systems as required for projects
- Work with manufacturing and assembly teams to optimize design
- Participate in the development of tests and certifications for the project
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in Engineering role
- Experience working on large, complex turn-key or EPC projects
- Demonstrated experience working within a Technical Team environment
- Exceptional team player, good communicator and proactive
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestic and international
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of experience in Engineering role
- Experience working with PLM
- Experience in the oil & gas or energy industry
- Experience with aeroderivative gas turbine packaging
- Application Programming Interface (API) codes and standards
- Familiarity with regulations and certification processes
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 181430
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.