A qualified candidate will report to shipping manager. Candidate will have experience in operating a forklift, shipping and receiving which includes: loading / unloading trucks, banding, skidding, stretch-wrapping pallets, labeling, utilizing Fed Ex, UPS as well as other forms of transportation for domestic as well as export of packages. Candidate will determine best shipping method based on established routing guide as well as customer requirements. In addition, qualified individual will be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel & Word). Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is desired.
• Ability to lift minimum of 50 pounds
• Preparation of daily LTL shipment to spare parts depot
• Prepare HazMat shipments
• Scan daily shipment reports to distribution list via e-mail
• Prepare daily shipment of small packages for domestic / international shipment
• Prepare shipping labels
• Scan documents containing shipping information to group responsible for export documentation
• Ensure proper packaging of shipments based on method of transport
• Utilize Fed Ex and UPS world ship for small package shipments
• Prepare RMA items for shipment
• Determine proper packaging for items (crate, skid, box, dunnage / filler)
• Responsible for staying up-to-date with training associated with shipping and hazardous materials
• Setup shipments with local carries for vendor/supplier needs and returns
• Order crates and packaging supplies from Clarke
• Loading of trucks for live load shipments
• Flexibility to stay late if carriers do not show up on time
• Potentially work in stock room / receiving as the work load dictates
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Materials Management certification
• Two years of experience in shipping /receiving
• Minimum travel may be required for this position
• Experienced forklift driver
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Two year degree
• APICS certification
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel & Word)
• Experience with FedEx, UPS and DHL
• Experience with freight forwarders and international shipments
• Experience with HazMat shipments / certification
Job ID: 181439
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.