As the Sr. Product Design Engineer, you will perform Gimpel valves selection and design to meet customers specifications. In addition, you will support the external and internal customers with technical expertise.
- Exercise engineering principles on solving technical problems. Perform calculations and technical analysis to support design decisions as required.
- Actively participate on all technical product reviews and improvement in collaboration with organization.
- Drive special assigned projects including but not limited to R&D, Sustaining Engineering, Products Improvements, Training, etc.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop operational procedures. Close collaboration with the shop floor.
- Close collaboration with the tech support team to strengthen the Gimpel valve expertise with field practical perspective.
- Adhere to Gimpel Siemens quality standards and apply them to daily tasks.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering
- 8 years of hands on experience with product design in mechanical and materials selection within a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with ASME, API, ASTM and related industry standards and manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge in product design using related 3D modeling software and GD&T
- Proficient using precision measurement equipment.
- Familiar with PDM, PLM environment.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle or other ERP systems.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work overtime, irregular hours, and travel on short notice.
- Strong mathematical and mechanical and analytical skills.
- Presentation and communication skills on a variety of levels, customer relations, and self-motivation
- Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Mathcad experience is a plus.
- Strong valves design experience
- Some exposure to rotating equipment controls, instrumentation is plus
- Practical experience in Valves design. Mechanical and Electro Hydraulic actuation.
- Self-starter and project leadership are a plus.
- Experience on electrical control panels operations and applications
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 181448
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.