As products, production systems, buildings and infrastructure become more complex, integrated and interactive, intelligent automation and control components are demanded that manage complexity and uncertainty, understand their environment, adapt their behavior, and often act autonomously. Based on deep experience in automatic feedback control, signal processing, robotics, lifecycle engineering, data analytics, mathematics and simulation, the technology field Future of Automation (FoA) provides methods and software modules to simulate, optimize, operate and control systems and processes. It's experts are located in Princeton, Munich, Bangalore & Beijing to best serve its customers.
In this role, the successful candidate will help drive (1) the creation of innovative technologies in the field of Automation Runtime Systems, (2) the realization of these new technologies and transfer them to Siemens automation software products, and (3) the business case proposals to both Siemens internal and external customers.
What are my responsibilities?
• Lead a team to design and implement complex runtime software
• Proficient knowledge of software architecture
• Develop highly distributed embedded firmware (C / C++) running on the Edge devices
• Develop hard real-time software
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English a must
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team.
• Design, implement, test, optimize, and document software components
• Interface with technical leads to develop new and innovative solutions
• Collaborate with peers to successfully complete project tasks
• Support research activities and implements novel ideas
• Build relationships with customers to understand software and business requirements
What skills are needed to qualify for this job?
• B.S. required in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields. M.S. is preferred.
• 4+ years of research experience in software engineering field a must.
• Programming skills in C / C++ required
• Knowledge of (realtime) operating systems (e.g. Linux, VxWorks)
• Background in scripting languages such as python is a plus
• Knowledge of the SIMATIC automation programming environment and concepts a plus
• Proficiency in common software development processes
• Proven experience using Integrated Development Environments
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication (verbal & written) skills a must. English language skills required.
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Job ID: 181455
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.