Siemens Industry – Transmission Solutions (Raleigh, NC) is searching for a highly professional Business Development Manager to work with a passion for customer engagement and satisfaction. Business Development Manager will develop strategic business plans, marketing programs, and partnerships to support sales in designated market segments. The role will require close coordination and teamwork with Tender Management and Application Engineering resources during the acquisition phase of assigned projects.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team selling
the best Transmission solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the
charge in providing the following innovative solutions to the Transmission
•Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS)
•High Voltage Substations – GIS, AIS, Mobile Solutions
The top candidate will perform by effectively executing on key strategies and activities to include:
- Leads all aspects of development of strategies for profitable penetration into new or existing market segments.
- Leads and drives new program ideas which result in profitable market strategies.
- Leads the development and execution of account plans to ensure achievement of assigned business goals.
- Leading influence on standards due to leadership in appropriate industry organizations.
- Guides business development within assigned key accounts and/or markets.
- Develops sponsorship with key decision-makers.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required knowledge/skills Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience (8 years) the Electricity Industry
- 5 or more years of successful business development or sales experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, i.e. financials strategic and tactical thinking etc.
- Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win
- Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel 30%, both internationally and domestically.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience with Transmission Utilities
- Knowledge of customers and competitors
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career
opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 181468
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.