Siemens is seeking an experienced Site Engineering Team Leader for our Fire and Security Team in our field office located in Fairbanks, Alaska. This supervisory position leads our team of specialists and technicians that support our customers throughout the state of Alaska.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Supervises the activities and
performance of system installation employees for installed and Service work.
Provides technical support, expertise, leadership, and accountability for installed projects.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls all startup, commissioning, testing, and other committed activities for assigned projects. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications, and cost estimates.
- Provides direct employee mentorship and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
- Actively coordinates startup activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
- Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions to Service Project Turnovers.
- Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
- Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions and Service Projects.
- Directs and supervises the development of project startup and commissioning plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Develops manpower schedules
and loading to ensure contract and project compliance. Maintains timely
communications and harmonious relationships between
engineering, operations, and sales so that project details,
discrepancies and changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay
throughout the estimating, bidding, and operations
phases of each project.
- Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training, development, allocation. and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education - Associates Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Technical proficiency – 2 years experience Fire and Security programming & startup.
- Industry/business acumen - 5 years experience in the Fire Alarm or Security Industry.
- Supervisory experience - 1 year.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field.
- Preferred experience: Project Management.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 181469
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.