· First line management position in Field Solutions Operations for the Federal Government Military Installations in the Fairbanks, Alaska area.
· Directs the activities at Federal Government Military Installations, with a total revenue responsibility of between 22-30M
· Manages Staff of Project Managers, and Project Support Personnel
· Manage all required disciplines, Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC, Automation, and Fire to deliver a high-quality product.
· Manages the Utility Management Controls System (UMCS) program at customer sites such as Fort Greely and Fort Wainwright.
- Plan, organize, direct and control UMCS program activities to assure profitable growth. Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning
- Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins.
- Direct and supervise the development of installation work to ensure customer commitments are met within the estimated dollars. Ensure schedules are maintained and work proceeds in accordance with agreement requirements and customer expectations. Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tools) and provide any corresponding documentation
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams including proper pricing and scope of work definition for project opportunities. Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the work we perform. Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Manage or advise on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools where applicable. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
- Develop and maintain subcontractor relationships
- Work with other Siemens Operating Companies
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Five years of experience in Project Management
- Core characteristics desired: A principled leader with a high level of integrity and a strong moral foundation.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preferred Experience: 2 Years as a Supervisor or Manager
- Preferred Experience: 2 Years in Construction oversight or management
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 181470
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.