Star-CCM+ / CAE Optimization Software Engineer
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Design Manager (DM) enables exploration and optimization of parameterized STAR-CCM+ simulations. It manages the execution of many design variants, organizes the results and provides data analysis and visualization tools for users to understand their engineering problems.
The DM Team addresses a wide array of problems associated with an interactive client-server based application including: optimization study execution, process management, data analysis, scientific and information visualization, HPC, as well as cloud-based application deployment. Most code is written in C++ and Java but may include Python and other scripting. The applicant will be expected to extend functionality as well as maintain quality and backward compatibility while making changes to an existing software base. This position reports to the program manager of the DM Team in the Interoperability Division of the Platform Department for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Product Development.
• Design, implement and test new code in C++ and Java
• Develop automated tests in parallel with production code
• Review, test and fix code written by other developers
• Work with product management and other stakeholders to understand business needs and motivations
• Travel when necessary (up to 5%) for planning and collaboration
• Participate in peer-based code and design reviews
• Communicate clearly, concisely and precisely for collaboration across a large distributed development organization
• Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and Stash.
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics and 2 years progressive, post-academic experience in software design and development
• Experience in object and component-oriented programming in the C++ and Java with a focus on engineering.
• Experience with distributed and parallel processing.
• Issue management using Jira or a comparable system.
• Experience working on large, distributed teams and navigating large, complex code bases.
• Experience developing a scientific or engineering software application.
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight.
Bonus points / extra credit for
• Experience with mathematical optimization methods
• Experience with distributed process management and inter-process communication
• Experience with scientific and/or information visualization libraries and methods
• Experience with object-oriented framework design and software design pattern
• Experience of STAR-CCM+ or other engineering simulation products
• Experience with parametric CAD packages, such as NX, CATIA or Creo
• Experience with PLM Systems such as Teamcenter, Enovia or Windchill
Links for more information:
Job ID: 181473
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.