Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking a Commercial Project Manager (CPM) to support our Airport Logistics and Customer Service segments at our DFW location. CPM’s are a key finance member of the project execution team and work in close cooperation with our Project Managers.
The CPM role is focused on the financial and business aspects of a project, and assists the project team in meeting planned financial objectives. Key functions performed by the CPM includes: project planning, cost controlling, cash management, and reporting. The position reports to the Business Segment Controller.
• Project Planning
o participate in Bid & Proposal pricing activities
o prepare order intake calculations, setup and maintain project work breakdown structure (WBS)
o prepare and maintain project budgets
• Project Cost Controlling & Reporting
o monitor, analyze, and report on project costs
o ensures project financial transactions are in line with internal and external regulations / guidelines
o identify and document variances to budget and prior Estimate-At-Completion (EAC)
o prepare monthly project status reports
• Project Forecasting
o prepare project financial forecasts - orders, revenue, gross profit, EBIT, billings, and payments
o prepare project Estimate-At-Completion (EAC)
• Project Risk and Cash
o identify, evaluate, mitigate, and report project risk & opportunities
o timely and accurate billings for project milestones
o ensure timely customer payments
• Other Responsibilities
o involved in month end close activities - prepare project cost accruals, ensure project revenue and profit declarations are properly recognized
o support internal & external project audits as required, and perform project close out activities
EDUCATION, SKILLS, and KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a finance related field
• 2-5 years of experience working in a project based business in a controlling or project finance related position
• General knowledge and understanding of project controlling, accounting / finance, contract & subcontract management, manufacturing, service operations, and supply chain management
• Experience working on project teams supporting multiple projects and project managers
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally between departments
• Analytical and detailed oriented; ability to systematically work through complex topics
• Exceptional communication, presentation, and customer service skills
• Proactive and results oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize dynamic work activities
• SAP and SAP Business Warehouse
• MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) – with advanced Excel skills
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 181521
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.