Siemens Mobility is seeking a professional Project Manager (PM) with a proven track record. The assigned projects are highly complex in nature and are situated in a challenging environment. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the execution of large and challenging locomotive projects ranging from $200M to $1+B in value and duration of 3-6 years. The projects are executed throughout the US and Canada and require interacting with globally distributed engineering resources.The PM will collaborate with the team at a large manufacturing facility where project management, engineering, procurement, and manufacturing are co-located. The PM will execute the project in a matrix organization with a primary team of 10 to 20 people. Some team members will be working on other projects concurrently. The PM is the focal point for customer communication for all aspects of the project. This position reports to the Vice President Locomotives and High-Speed Trainsets. This exciting role is based in Sacramento, California
- Execute with precision and flawlessness all phases of the project from proposal, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning to customer acceptance.
- Effectively manage all financial aspects of the project and ensure the profitability of the initiative.
- Facilitate discussions/negotiations with customers for scope clarification and changes in scope, cost and schedule.
- Lead design review activities for conceptual, preliminary and final design.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency plans.
- Devise effective risk management plans and collaborate with other related business units doing business with the same customers.
- Drive project schedule for design, project milestones (utilizing Siemens’ milestone methodology), vehicle delivery and acceptance.
- Drive strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for manufacturing startup.
- Direct Contract, Claims and Associate project managers and collaborate with Senior Commercial PM to drive the project to technical and commercial success.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors; influence them to take positive actions to forward the project in their assigned scope.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in Rail Vehicle Manufacturing, Heavy Industrial Manufacturing or similar industries.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills. Cross-cultural experience is of high importance.
- Technical experience with complex products/projects and system integration required.
- Project management certification via PMI PMP or PM@Siemens PM2 level required.
· Travel: Experience and proficiency in domestic and global travel. PM will travel for customer visits, engineering and supplier reviews for first article inspections and as needed to support manufacturing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering degree relevant to rail, locomotive and rail car manufacturing.
- 15 years of experience related to the manufacturing of rail vehicles or heavy machinery preferred.
- Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, manufacturing preferred.
Job ID: 181536
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.