Mentor Graphics is looking for a software development engineer to work in the Mentor Emulation Division (MED). MED develops and manufactures emulators for functional verification of System-on-Chip circuit designs. In emulation systems, custom software compiles a circuit designs high level description into a low level binary representation that can be loaded and run on the emulation hardware.
The individual that fills this position will become a member of emulator compiler specialists developing the compiler software for Mentor's next generation emulators. The Software Development Engineer will have responsibilities in development and improvement of the part of the compiler that analyzes the customer design in order to map it on the emulator resources. This includes analysis of clock and data networks, partitioning, placing, routing and synthesis of logic to support the mapping of the customer design onto the emulator.
- BTech/M.Tech. in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
- 8 to 12 years of industry, software development experience in developing large C++ applications as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience in EDA software development.
- Demonstrated experience with algorithm and data structure design.
- Understanding of gate level digital logic design.
- Excel both in a team-oriented development and working independently.
- Software engineering skills with experience in use of Unix/Linux OS.
- Demonstrated experience with software testing methods.
- Experience in use of Hardware description language (Verilog/Vhdl).
- Experience in use of a software simulation tools(Modelsim, etc).
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PERL, Python or Groovy) would be useful.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and parallel programming.
The individual will participate in design and implementation of new functionality for this part of the compiler as well as support current functionality. The work will be mostly in C++ on Linux. They will write system level tests that use software simulation as well as develop new testing methods. This position will include interaction with other software teams as well as MED hardware teams in an international, multi-site, development environment.
Job ID: 181576
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time