Engineering execution on product design as well as projects for the Commercial Vehicles Segment. The engineer will be required to develop and modify control software used with in Traction and Medium Voltage Drive Systems. In addition, the engineer will be required to work with software systems and aid in the development of systems used in the remote monitoring of these drive systems. This position will include hardware engineering, project engineering and software engineering as well as engineering support through all phases of a product lifecycle (Development, Manufacturing and Support) in line with the business objectives and growth strategies. The candidate will execute (individually or as a member of an engineering team) highly customized engineering projects under supervision of the Commercial Vehicle Engineering Manager.
- Preparation of design specifications, creation and maintenance of detailed electrical schematics, Bills of Materials (BOM), drawings, test plans, test procedures, software and documentation necessary for design, manufacturing and customer use.
- Product Life Cycle Management Process
- Review project specifications, software, designs and drafting work with internal and external customers as required to ensure technical compliance to company and industry standards.
- Provide technical support to company internal functions during the manufacturing process to bring designs to completion.
- Provide technical support to customers and the Customer Service group to maintain existing designs and resolve customer field issues.
- Participate and perform action items as a team member involving other engineers and cross-functional team members.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot software used to control Drive systems.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot software used in Remote Monitoring/Maintenance of Drive Systems.
- Travel as needed to support field operations, system testing, troubleshooting, and customer training.
- Participates in recommending ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Be the primary technical customer interface for new product introductions for drive systems for the transit bus and motor coach industry.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology.
- Working knowledge (6 months) of Low Voltage and/or Medium Voltage Drive systems – commissioning, system tuning and programming
- Basic understanding of Electric Medium Voltage Motors
- Ability to select electrical control components for drive systems, achieve cost targets and functional and/or system performance objectives
- Ability to read schematics and interpret customer specifications and industry standards
- Possess a familiarity with and follow all engineering policies and procedures, FMEAs and validation methods
- Must be able to interface with customers and vendors to resolve technical issues or work on new developments
- Strong organization and excellent time management skills – ability to self-manage according to a schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Technical writing skills
- Computer skills required, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Visio
- Ability to troubleshoot production and field issues
- Ability to travel up to 25%; may consist of both domestic and international travel
- Ability to effectively communicate technical topics/issues to a non-technical audience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred BS EE with a Minor in Software Engineering
- 1 year experience with SIBAS and/or SIADIS software
- Minimum of 3 years of Industry knowledge related to Hybrid Drives/Battery Bus/ Fuel Cells
- Familiarity with SIEMENS SIBAC and ELFA Drive systems – system tuning and programming
- Knowledge of SIBAS G and SIADIS software tools
- Proficiency in C# and C++ programming languages
- Experience with Vector CANalyzer and Vector Canoe
- Experience with Redmine or similar software change management tool
- Site/Field Commissioning experience
Job ID: 181649
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.