Software Developer Student Internship
Location: Bellevue, WA (preferred); Austin, TX; Lebanon, NH
Start Date: January 2020
Hours: Full-time is required
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Siemens Digital Industries Software, Simulation and Test Services (STS) is seeking a paid intern to join the STAR-CCM+ Post-Processing Framework team. STAR-CCM+ is used by thousands of engineers around the world in multiple industries to simulate aerodynamics, heat transfer, reacting flows, particle dynamics, and solid stress. The Post-Processing Framework team develops the software infrastructure for efficient, accurate analysis and visualization of this simulation data. As an intern on this team, you will get the opportunity to:
- Read through and understand the parallel streamline generation algorithm in STAR-CCM+.
- Profile performance in both serial and parallel (single workstations and multi-node clusters).
- Based on hotspot analysis, research and devise ways of optimizing our streamline generation algorithms.
- Implement various approaches
- Profile code to assess performance improvements (iterate design and algorithms as necessary)
- Document the project objectives and results in Confluence
- Present results to internal Post Processing team
- Advanced graduate student in Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or some Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of 3D vector analysis or 3D vector math
- Experience developing in C/C++
- Some experience with 3D graphics, OpenGL, Direct3D, etc.
- Familiarity with scientific visualization
Job ID: 181696
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.